Meydan heights community | ExpatWoman.com

Meydan heights community

Latest post on 25 April 2014 - 00:55

hello ladies
We have just found out that we will be given an accommodation in Meydan heights.
I was wondering if anyone of you lives there or near and tell me about te area please.
It is a very newly developing area and I can't seem to find much online..
Any insight would be welcome..

Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 21:58
hello ladies We have just found out that we will be given an accommodation in Meydan heights. I was wondering if anyone of you lives there or near and tell me about te area please. It is a very newly developing area and I can't seem to find much online.. Any insight would be welcome.. This will be a great area when it is finished. There are 2 adjacent developments of villas going in there next to these Emirates townhouses which are nothing to do with EK. They will have retail facilities when finished in a couple of years time. It is also very close to town (10 mins to Dubai Mall) whilst still having a secluded feel. You don't live there aren't you? Last year I did drive there, the only road leads to it is one lane each direction, and there is high voltage electricity power line along the road, which covers the Maydan Hights from the townhouse side. As I'm aware - I could be stand corrected - they finished 520 units and will continue the target 3500 units in total - with only one swimming pool serving this big amount of residents - got no idea how this could be?! - and the target is having high end retailers over there!!!! Again I did read so many bad reviews about how these townhouses called villas are small and no privacy at all, or the bad a/c that been installed over there, or the fact that every time you need water in your tap you need to go and switch on the water electric pumb..... But the most scary of them all is the high voltage power lines! This is the really a bomb waiting to tick! The fact of living near these cables resulted in so many resurches that concluded that families with young children with or have elderly members have developed lochymia(spl?) this is my own fear - that's my own opinion - and no one really is looking at this scary fact at all. I might have an outdated info regard the rest, but I'm sure the cables will stay there.
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 09:05
I think the power lines are on the other side of the road. [b'>Unfortunately, these days, the vast majority EK staff don't have any say in where they are accommodated.[/b'> Exactly right. You most likely will not have a choice.
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 20:33
Do not move there. Go onto pprune.com and get the realities.
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 16:36
Anyone else got more info on Meydan Heights? We are moving out in December.
Latest post on 28 April 2014 - 16:44
hello ladies We have just found out that we will be given an accommodation in Meydan heights. I was wondering if anyone of you lives there or near and tell me about te area please. It is a very newly developing area and I can't seem to find much online.. Any insight would be welcome.. This will be a great area when it is finished. There are 2 adjacent developments of villas going in there next to these Emirates townhouses which are nothing to do with EK. They will have retail facilities when finished in a couple of years time. It is also very close to town (10 mins to Dubai Mall) whilst still having a secluded feel.
Latest post on 25 April 2014 - 18:19
I think the power lines are on the other side of the road. Unfortunately, these days, the vast majority EK staff don't have any say in where they are accommodated.
Latest post on 25 April 2014 - 18:01
Heard the powerlines were quite close by. You may want to drive and check.
Latest post on 25 April 2014 - 17:22
Saeed Bu Khadra springs to mind.
Latest post on 25 April 2014 - 17:04
Hi Ozysanj, I don't know too much about it as no-one is living there just yet. I drove past it this morning and although one part looks almost finished the rest is pretty much a building site. I don't know what facilities will be there but I presume, at least, a pool. Someone else maybe be better informed as to what else they will put there. It is close to the Meydan hotel/racecourse in Nad Al Sheba which you maybe able to Google to find out more info. It is not far from Al Khail road and the SZR so fairly easy to get into town but I should imagine you will need a car as there doesn't appear to be much around it. TBH, from the road it looks like rows of white boxes. There seem to be a lot of villas there, all terraced with not much of a garden. I think they are similar to Al Wasal Square villas and I know there is info on these on the internet so if you Google that you may get more of an idea. I also noticed this morning that they are going to change the road that runs alongside it (although not too close) to a dual carridgeway which will eventually help with the additional traffic these villas and others they are building close by will cause. It is difficult as it is all brand new but I am sure other facilities will follow in due course. I know a lot of Emirates families are being told they are moving there, just don't have any dates yet. Is there anything more specific you wanted to know? HTH.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY