Which one would you buy? | ExpatWoman.com

Which one would you buy?

Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 19:04
Thanks guys. I think we will be happy in downtown and the apartment will hopefully be easily sold/rented when we are done. I know there are def perks to both areas and nobody has a definitive answer but was just interested to see what others thought. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. ?
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 15:13
Remember the golden rule, when buying property- Location Location Location, it's a no brainer, Downtown for sure.
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 13:49
As you would like to live in it I would imagine the schooling of your daughter will have a big say in this, plus the commute you will have to do every day... Otherwise if schooling is easily sorted for her downtown or nearby and you dont mind the commute go with downtown... Downtown will always be downtown: vibrant, desirable...really depends on whether you are happy to forego more space for location. I would also look into the management company of both buildings (their reputation is important to how happily you will live there)...
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 11:17
Wow! That was fast! I plan on living in it for the next few years and then reselling it. (or rent f it's a while on the market) if I can't sell it. My daughter is still sleeping in our room ;) but will then hopefully graduate to the small room. I think I will be able to make the space work.There's a balcony too but only one bathroom...do you think that would make it hard to rent/re-sell? The pool and play area is fab there and Burj Park is across road plus it's Emaar and finish is lovely. On other hand Motor City apartment is nice and spacious, ground floor apartment, big balcony for LO to play on. I feel that Motor City may not be as easy to sell/rent as downtown in say five years time as by then there will be a lot more competition. I'm not sure....I'm afraid Motor City will end up a little tired looking in a couple more years. But, on the other hand has much more space. I'm really confused...I am a teacher and teach in MC area but that's only 20 minutes from Downtown anyway. What to do?
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 10:51
Mototcity I love it ;-)
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 10:48
Investment perspective agree with sadubai: downtown it is very stable in terms of prices in case of re-sell. Do you plan on living in this flat?
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 10:45
Motor City, if it was going to be my family home, would much prefer to spend my money on the luxury of space rather than location. Motor city is fast becoming a very desirable and convenient location now and Plum2 makes a very valid point about schooling. <em>edited by mum2girls on 27/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 10:44
Purely from an investment perspective downtown. It was one of the only places to hold value even in the crash - because supply is limited.
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 10:39
Where are you thinking of your 2 year old going to school? Motor City has the advantage of quite a few new schools very close (Gems Metropole in Motor City, the new Safa Community School just across Sh Z Rd, Nord-Anglia on Hessa Street, Bradenton Prep in Sports City). With the improvements on Umm Suqeim Rd it really is very quick to get to and from other places. Not sure where you work.
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 10:25
Downtown.
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 10:23
If you could purchase a small one bed plus study (study to be small bedroom) in Claren 1 in Downtown or a spacious two bedroom in Motor City, which one would you buy? (These are the only options) Which do you think would be a better investment? We have a two year old daughter and already live in Downtown area so am quite attached to the area. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Both are same price. Thanks in advance.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY