Islamic get togethers and worship groups for women? | ExpatWoman.com

Islamic get togethers and worship groups for women?

Latest post on 01 May 2014 - 19:32

Hi ladies,

Do any of you Muslim ladies know if there are any ladies 'get togethers' where we might read from the Qur'an and learn about Islam? I have a good knowledge of Islam (I did a Theology masters) but want to worship and pray with others and learn more about the practicalities-I don't know if there are such groups or get togethers?

I hope this post doesn't cause offence to anyone and that it's not inappropriate to ask here it's just my circle of friends are mainly Christian and I don't know where to find out.

Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 16:02
My Qur'an teacher at Princess Haya Ctr is employed by Ministry of Islamic Affairs. She might be able to find out from them when the English language classes are scheduled at Masjid Al Rahim in Marina. that would be great. impatient to hear from you. Thx a lot sisters for your suggestions and help:))
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 00:41
My Qur'an teacher at Princess Haya Ctr is employed by Ministry of Islamic Affairs. She might be able to find out from them when the English language classes are scheduled at Masjid Al Rahim in Marina.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 12:37
Wa aleykum salam User. I don't know anything about that particular masjid, but on the other side of SZR, next to the Jumeirah Island entrance, there is Masjid Bani Hashim. They do regular classes in English: http://masjidbanihashim.blogspot.ae/ Thank you. I actually prayed yesterday there for the first time. Such beautiful mosque, mashallah. The link you gave me is helpful. How did you find it? Where can i find page for Al Rahim mosque? I tryed looking, no results:( I have been to Bani Hasmim masjid so I am on their mailing list. A google search also helps:) I did look for a page for the masid you mentioned but couldn't find it. Shame the ladies in the masjid weren't helpful.
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 12:34
Wa aleykum salam User. I don't know anything about that particular masjid, but on the other side of SZR, next to the Jumeirah Island entrance, there is Masjid Bani Hashim. They do regular classes in English: http://masjidbanihashim.blogspot.ae/ Thank you. I actually prayed yesterday there for the first time. Such beautiful mosque, mashallah. The link you gave me is helpful. How did you find it? Where can i find page for Al Rahim mosque? I tryed looking, no results:(
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 10:02
Wa aleykum salam User. I don't know anything about that particular masjid, but on the other side of SZR, next to the Jumeirah Island entrance, there is Masjid Bani Hashim. They do regular classes in English: http://masjidbanihashim.blogspot.ae/
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 01:05
Asalam wa Aleikum sisters. I live in dubai marina and go to Al Rahim mosque(at the end of marina). I know there are lectures in english but unfortunately i dont know when. Is there any way of finding the days and timings of english lectures. I feel too shy going and looking for the Imam. And most sisters i have asked there speak arabic, thus they are not interested in english.
Latest post on 13 May 2014 - 21:49
Apricot-do you know this ladies name or contact details please? I'd rather share it via email <em>edited by Apricot on 18/10/2014</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 12 May 2014 - 22:43
are there any basic quran classes being taught ? or a teacher that can come over ? Quran classes at the Al Farooq Mosque is really nice, also on Saturday morning there is a class at JILC.
Latest post on 12 May 2014 - 19:44
Hi TOWIS. I highly recommend Al Huda Sisters I used to attend their new muslim classes on a saturday morning (I was born muslim but wasn't practicing before i got married) The class was a mixture of muslims, reverts and those who just wanted to know more. I really enjoyed the classes and had hoped to go back myself but currently have 3 children under 2 and no help so difficult to take 3 hours out especially on a saturday when DH wants to sleep in but inshallah i will go back one day.
Latest post on 12 May 2014 - 19:31
Thank you so much for the replies ladies! This is great to know! Kareemab: I'm not even a convert. I was raised a Christian and I am married to a Muslim. I've always loved the teachings and tenets of both religions but I find it difficult to worship as a Christian because I just don't have faith in the Trinity; or that Jesus was the Son of God/God incarnate. Sorry, mean no offence to other Christians but I just have never been at peace with it and I'm sure you can understand why that would make the worship difficult to follow especially here where many of the churches are american style/evangelical so I was looking for quite a casual, supportive group where I might learn a bit more about Islam, the Qu'ran and its people with a view of possibly converting in the future. Just now I just really want to worship and learn with others who have faith. Kareemab you're right-I don't want to be overwhelmed Maroosh-thank you for the list -I will look into it in more detail for sure! Apricot-do you know this ladies name or contact details please? Thanks again
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 08:16
are there any basic quran classes being taught ? or a teacher that can come over ?
Latest post on 03 May 2014 - 00:38
Yes, there's a lady in Silicon Oasis who holds a regular gathering on a weekday morning. She has taught converted women in Australia and the States.
Latest post on 02 May 2014 - 15:51
Asalam Alaykum Towis - I was just wondering, are you a convert or a born Muslim? In my experience some of the classes that I have been to in Dubai were quite overwhelming (as a convert) so I think it depends on how comfortable you are? I know you said you did a Theology masters so it would seem you have a good foundation to start with. As Maroosh said, there are so many great and informative groups/classes in Dubai and all the sisters will be very helpful Inshallah. Al Huda Sisters has a great reputation so I would recommend you start there.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 May 2014 - 12:19
Salam aleykum TOWS, There are many lectures and centers for women in Dubai. Al Huda Sisters, www.alhudasisters.wordpress.com KALEMAH, www.KALEMA.org (lectures for men and women segragated and in different languages) Masjid Al Farooq has quran classes 5 days a week: http://alfarooqcentre.com/en/Page.aspx?PageId=25&Language=en-US JILC has classes for men and women as well: http://jilc-dubai.org/ Al Huda International near Mullah Plaza does lectures for women Princess Haya Bint Al Hussain Center in Umm Suqeim offers classes but I never attended. edited by Marroosh on 02/05/2014 Also, feel free to drop me a line at username underscore dubai at yahoo dot com <em>edited by Marroosh on 02/05/2014</em>
Latest post on 02 May 2014 - 11:50
Try getting more information at the The Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU). My friend also asked the Imam at her local mosque who pointed her in the right direction and now she attends reading sessions, etc...though this is in ADH but Im sure Dubai has something similar. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY