New to Dubai with lots of questions- | ExpatWoman.com

New to Dubai with lots of questions-

Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 16:44
Welcome to Dubai! There is LOTS to do here, for every taste and interest. If you are keen to participate in activities and generally take advantage of what's on offer a maid is very useful. If I did not have one, it would take me hours every day take care of the house. Any questions - just fire away! :-)
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 10:58
Hi I will soon be moving to Dubai. We are going to live in meadows 1. My questions today are: 1. What is the best school for American curriculum? We have enrolled in a school but I don't want to bias anyone so I am not going to say which one. 2. Should I get a maid? How easy is it to find someone once we move? 3. I will not be working initially.Will I go crazy? How will I pass time? 4. Any good blogs out there about Dubai life that I can read up on? Thanks in advance. Hi Meadowsgirl, Welcome to Dubai, please have a look through our site for some valuable information about life here. If you would like to know what American schools are the best have a look at the newly released [url=http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_education_KHDA_Dubai_School_Results_2011_8452.aspx'>KHDA results[/url'>, also check out the [url=http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_faqs_school_fees_6135.aspx'>Dubai school fees[/url'> to compare the fees of different schools and to see their locations too. If you would like to get a maid here is a great page that gives you all the information on [url=http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_faqs_EW_guide_to_hiring_a_maid_4884.aspx '>hiring a maid[/url'> and all the costs involved with getting a full-time live in maid. Hiring an agency maid is easier because you won't have to worry about additional expenses such as visa costs and repatriation tickets. However, hiring an agency maid might be more expensive. If you will not be working come down to our coffee morning at Tim Hortons in the Meadows, we run 7 coffee mornings a week at various locations and it's a great way to meet new ladies and make friends when you move to the UAE. The coffee morning schedule can be found in our [url=http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx#CoffeeMorning'>events section[/url'>. If you do start looking for a job, check out our [url=http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobs.aspx'>jobs section[/url'> , new job listing come in daily. We hope that you have a fab time in Dubai! Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 08:59
Hi there When it comes to schools in Dubai, mostly r British and just a few American U can check Kdhas website for a list of all the American schools and their rating and read the reports to get an idea of wht they're like then myb post here a specific school name and see wht u get in return. When it comes to schooling, u def pick one u can afford (for the future too as they increase their fees) close to ur home, becos they r a few here u don't have much choice. Having a maid depends on if u need someone 24/7, or if u just need someone a few hrs a day then there r so many companies offering Tht. If u need a live in then check out the classifieds on expat woman and ull find a few options but pls read the maid section to understand the cost and their needs (health insurance, holidays....) Hope Tht was useful Good luck <em>edited by mrssak on 04/05/2014</em>
Latest post on 03 May 2014 - 22:36
Hello! I have only been here a few months and I am enjoying it here. Plenty of ladies don't work so you shouldn't be bored. I stumbled across circles in the sand as I nice blog to read. There's a meadows, lakes, springs community FB group too. Best to get an agency cleaner for awhile first I think and then, if you'd like a full time maid, a personal recommendation from friends might be safest. Sorry, no help with American schools, good idea to visit face to face and chat directly with the registrars. All the best for your new adventure!
Latest post on 03 May 2014 - 21:13
Hello meadowsgirl, Welcome to the sandpit! I hope you will enjoy your time here. I can't comment on the school issue as my little one is not in school yet. With regards to a maid you have two (legal) options. Hire a full time maid (usually live in) or use a maid agency and get a part time maid to come a couple of times a week. I've been here a few years and we have recently decided to start looking for a full time maid but up till now we've used an agency girl. When it comes to not working, there are lots of things you can fill your time with here and it will depend on you if you will go crazy or not :) Just as a side note, it is not so easy to find a part time job here. I would recommend going to a couple of coffee mornings to meet some new people. EW do some lovely ones at various locations and times. Good luck with your move!
Latest post on 03 May 2014 - 18:30
Hi I will soon be moving to Dubai. We are going to live in meadows 1. My questions today are: 1. What is the best school for American curriculum? We have enrolled in a school but I don't want to bias anyone so I am not going to say which one. 2. Should I get a maid? How easy is it to find someone once we move? 3. I will not be working initially.Will I go crazy? How will I pass time? 4. Any good blogs out there about Dubai life that I can read up on? Thanks in advance.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY