Tailor for womans Corporate Suits | ExpatWoman.com

Tailor for womans Corporate Suits

Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 07:42

Can anyone advise please one.
I know many good recommended ones, but these tailors only do mens suits.

Need handmade Corporate Suits (Skirts and Pants) and jackets for myself.

Thanks in advance,

Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 16:39
Thanks, heels it is
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 15:17
Depends where you are going and with whom you are meeting as to whether trousser or skirt. Always heels.
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 15:12
What do you think is smarter, a trouser suit or a skirt suit - or both the same really, with a pair of heels! Can you get away with flats now (as they are in fashion) with a suit?
Latest post on 09 May 2014 - 23:16
Try M7. They made one of my female friends a beautiful blazer recently. http://www.m7bespoke.com
Latest post on 09 May 2014 - 22:26
Karen Millen!!!! Zara if it fits you Reiss I'd get all my jackets from KM if I wasn't such a short-**** For custom made, I'd recommend a dressmaker over a tailor. Mens and women's pattern cutting is so different that a pattern cutter who normally does menswear is never going to cut a nice ladies suit. The construction in ladieswear is also much softer. However, Parmar tailors might be OK as they do advertise a ladies service (having said that, I've never seen a decent mens suit come out of their DIFC branch ("Bespoke") Go to a dressmaker and have them cut you a jacket with a vertical princess seam that starts at the top of the shoulder and goes down over the bust - this is sleeker than the traditional princess seam (that starts in the armpit) and curvier than darts. Personally, I always go for suit jackets that have a horizontal seam across the waist area. If you have a large, high-sitting behind (ie bubble butt) then this often gives a better fit in the back area an also allows the waist to be cut tighter Regarding fabrics, if you're quite slim then a mohair blend wool is a good choice as it's light and breathable. Otherwise, a lightweight wool is the best option. The best manufacturers are Dormeuil, Scabal, Loro Piana, Holland and Sherry, Vitale Barberis Canonico, Zegna, etc etc - ie. cloths made in England, Italy, France and Belgium
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 21:39
I would go for Saccoor, it might be more pricey but their quality is really good and they have a tailor in their shops to do any alterations needed. I love their shirts as well, high collar and broad cuffs. Though my suit days are long over, I stick to abayas now :)
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 21:34
It's cheaper to buy them on line but I've used Montexa in Satwa to copy a suit I like.
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 15:29
I agree too. Somehow they always just *look* like they've been made at the tailor and you can get such lovely suits in M&S etc that last well and are so well finished/cut. Much cheaper often too! I got 2 from Primark in the UK, I don't suppose they will last that long but fully lined and smart They cost me the grand total of 19GBP! BHS had some lovely ones for 30GBP too I do prefer Marks though
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 15:25
I agree too. Somehow they always just *look* like they've been made at the tailor and you can get such lovely suits in M&S etc that last well and are so well finished/cut. Much cheaper often too!
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 15:23
There are high end men's tailors for corporate suits but as a professional woman I would not recommend anyone for ladies. The quality of finishing is not what you would need. Most of the decent stores have in house tailors who will adjust suit to fit and for real off the peg stuff (M&S etc) there are some good tailors for simple alterations. I would recommend: Boss Sacoor Reiss Zara (sometimes, depends on season) Massimo Dutti I agree with this.
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 15:19
There are high end men's tailors for corporate suits but as a professional woman I would not recommend anyone for ladies. The quality of finishing is not what you would need. Most of the decent stores have in house tailors who will adjust suit to fit and for real off the peg stuff (M&S etc) there are some good tailors for simple alterations. I would recommend: Boss Sacoor Reiss Zara (sometimes, depends on season) Massimo Dutti
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 15:14
I used to get from Reiss - they will also do free alterations
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 15:13
Lobo's in Bur Dubai do men and women's suits, they have made me a few skirts as well for work.
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 15:10
Yes, but I just buy them from Sacoor
Latest post on 08 May 2014 - 15:08
Bump! No working woman on this board who wear suits????

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY