HMC and some general questions. | ExpatWoman.com

HMC and some general questions.

Latest post on 10 May 2014 - 01:05

Hello Ladies,

We finally have the details and have been told visa has been applied, if all goes as planned we will be landing in Doha end of August early September.

I have a few questions I am hoing you can help with.

1. Does anyone know where and how good the HMC temporary accomodation is? My hubby will be working in Hamad Medical City and has been told we will be put in temporary accomodation initially. Wonderng if anyone can help share details and experience?
2. Daughter (1 yr) and I will be joining him. We are Canadian citizens and will be able to get Visa on arrival but will the airlines be OK with this considering it will be a one way ticket? Hubby will have his work visa but wondering about daughter and I?
3. Anyone that has been through the process with HMC, any information or help you can share will be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 14:21
Hi, I understand that accommodation temporary or otherwise can depend on grade. My husband moved there recently also with HMC. He has a furnished apartment in Barwa, spacious and good although not luxury. It's across the road, walking distance (even in the heat!) from a good size supermarket with plenty of food outlets, wide variety of choice in food and supermarket products. Hope this is helpful, I spent ages looking for info on temp accom and couldn't find any. Where in HMC Will you be working? Be good to share newbie experiences
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 22:01
H sanap, not sure if this information is too late. Anyway HMC temporary accommodation is at two sites/options 1. Al saad; very close to hospital 10 minute walk or short drive to Hamad General hospital. Good clean apartments. central location ; Very easily access to mall; shopping; restaurants. these are 2 bedroom flats 2. Barwa city. These are a bit further away. 30 - 45 minutes drive at peak hours of traffic. I have not been to the apartments; but i understand they are newer, and bigger ; and I think they have 3 bedrooms. You might be staying in the temporary place for months before you permanent accommodation is allocated
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 18:59
If you're coming in with him and Hamad is arranging the flights and entry visas for everyone you won't have a problem with a Canadian passport
Latest post on 05 July 2015 - 19:44
hello, my husband will start working at HMC in january, we are still waiting for some details. can you tell me about the compounds and some information about the start of the life? we have 2 daughters, so I am looking for a nursery for my eldest, who is 3. thank you!!! Kinga
Latest post on 10 May 2014 - 09:00
You might be getting a return ticket with the return flight way into the future. It's possible to cancel at least Qatar Airways tickets for around 550 QAR per flight.