CALLING ALL PARENTS OF DEAF CHILDREN | ExpatWoman.com

CALLING ALL PARENTS OF DEAF CHILDREN

Latest post on 13 May 2014 - 14:54

Hello ladies,

Some friends and I are setting up a Deaf Children's Society here in the UAE. We have our first Family Support group on Saturday 7th June at 12pm at the Kalimati Speech and Communication Center in Al Barajeel Oasis Complex, Street 47, Mirdif. Please please spread the word. It is for families with a child with any level of loss (my son has a moderate loss and wears hearing aids, other children may sign or have cochlea implants). It is open to ALL and is FREE OF CHARGE!

This will be the start of many things to come, such as fundraising events, days out and activities for children and their families. Even if you could just come for an hour, we promise to make it worth it! Please pass this on to anyone who it may be relevant to

Thank You!

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 15:21
Dear Mummy2012, Not sure if this will help, but I can recommend a new Children's Centre that has recently opened. Its a Speech and Language Centre located in Ibn Battuta. My friend's child has a speech delay due to a hearing problem and attends Speech and Language Therapy twice a week there.
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 08:52
Hi There, You could try contacting the Kalimati Centre directly and see if this or something similar is happening https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kalimati-Speech-and-Communication-Center/188238157869237 We also looked for other support groups of this nature and haven't found any- if we do come across any will add to this thread. You could also try... Al Amal Kindergarten and School for Deaf, Sharjah, +971-6-5671117 Maybe they run something or know of other groups. HTH a bit! Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 19 November 2014 - 20:29
Hi - does this support group still exist? I am the mummy of an 18 month old girl with profound hearing loss living in Dubai. If it does we would be very interested in joining.
Latest post on 13 November 2014 - 09:32
Hi @hasina As my daughter is diagnosed with moderate hearing loss i was searching here and see your post, still waiting for her medical reports regarding her hearing tests but I'm really confused and worry i don't know who to trust does she really need a hearing aids? Can you share your experience with me ? And any doctor you recommend? Thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY