Choosing the right school | ExpatWoman.com

Choosing the right school

Latest post on 17 May 2014 - 19:08

Hi
I would really appreciate some help on choosing the right school for our 8 and 6 year old sons. We are British and morning to Muscat in a few month's time. It's likely that we will stay for under 3 years as I want to get back to the UK before my eldest starts secondary school. It doesn't look like they will get in to BSM as there is a long waiting list. Would people advise ABA or TAISM as good alternatives? Bearing in mind that they are in the UK system and will be going back into the UK system. I know ABA has been around longer. But that TAISM has perhaps better facilities? It's really the teaching and curriculum I'm interested in. I think that the state primary they are at in the UK is very good (rated outstanding) and I want to make sure they are stretched. They are also very sporty. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Latest post on 22 May 2014 - 11:29
Chosing between ABA and TAISM will be very difficult. However for the children to fit back into a UK school in a few years I would go for ABA. Facility wise I think its the TAISM sports facilities that are considered better but only because of where TAISM was built. Had it been built around the same time as ABA it would not have the sports facility advantage. ABA does not let its lack of TAISM standard sports facilities hinder what it offers to the children. hth