UK Customs | ExpatWoman.com

UK Customs

Latest post on 20 May 2014 - 06:02
I'd check out http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_PROD_010856 as you can't bring in anything with meat/dairy from outside EU including pot noodles containing meat and cereals if include milk etc. just because some people bring them through with no problems doesn't mean it's actually allowed. If in doubt and you still want to take them through you could always have them easily available in your luggage and ask customs for advise on arrival. They'll be more than happy to assist. If can remember bringing honey back from NZ and as it wasn't clear if this was allowed I just asked, they had a quick look and I was allowed to bring it through no probs. Thank for the advice, agree, we are going to declare them of course just in case. [i'>anywhere in the world if you are not sure "ask" havent you seen border security etc lol[/i'> Yes, thank you very much, I have seen Border Security, as I mentioned I was trying to access the info off official sources and in the absence of clarity from HM Customs website I did "ask" in the hope that someone may have had experience of taking these items in so I could decide whether its worth packing them. And as I said in my reply before your comment, I was going to declare them in any case. Much appreciate all the useful advice given.
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 23:13
anywhere in the world if you are not sure "ask" havent you seen border security etc lol This post makes very little sense whatsoever - how about going traditional and adding some punctuation and we might have a clue what you are trying to say. nope never!!!!!!!!
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 23:10
anywhere in the world if you are not sure "ask" havent you seen border security etc lol This post makes very little sense whatsoever - how about going traditional and adding some punctuation and we might have a clue what you are trying to say.
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 21:58
I'd check out http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_PROD_010856 as you can't bring in anything with meat/dairy from outside EU including pot noodles containing meat and cereals if include milk etc. just because some people bring them through with no problems doesn't mean it's actually allowed. If in doubt and you still want to take them through you could always have them easily available in your luggage and ask customs for advise on arrival. They'll be more than happy to assist. If can remember bringing honey back from NZ and as it wasn't clear if this was allowed I just asked, they had a quick look and I was allowed to bring it through no probs. Thank for the advice, agree, we are going to declare them of course just in case. anywhere in the world if you are not sure "ask" havent you seen border security etc lol
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 21:02
I'd check out http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_PROD_010856 as you can't bring in anything with meat/dairy from outside EU including pot noodles containing meat and cereals if include milk etc. just because some people bring them through with no problems doesn't mean it's actually allowed. If in doubt and you still want to take them through you could always have them easily available in your luggage and ask customs for advise on arrival. They'll be more than happy to assist. If can remember bringing honey back from NZ and as it wasn't clear if this was allowed I just asked, they had a quick look and I was allowed to bring it through no probs. Thank for the advice, agree, we are going to declare them of course just in case.
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 20:57
I'd check out http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_PROD_010856 as you can't bring in anything with meat/dairy from outside EU including pot noodles containing meat and cereals if include milk etc. just because some people bring them through with no problems doesn't mean it's actually allowed. If in doubt and you still want to take them through you could always have them easily available in your luggage and ask customs for advise on arrival. They'll be more than happy to assist. If can remember bringing honey back from NZ and as it wasn't clear if this was allowed I just asked, they had a quick look and I was allowed to bring it through no probs.
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 19:38
Friends from UK were here recently, twice, and bought packets of those instant noodles for her uni kids. Packed them with checked-in luggage, experienced no probs. Oh good, thanks, so they were going from Dubai to the UK with the dried packet food? Yes, they've done it a couple of times now within a space of a few months. They bought something like 6 x 5 packets so a sizeable volume. Fantastic! Thanks so much, wish I had asked hours ago, been going in circles on the customs website!
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 19:35
Friends from UK were here recently, twice, and bought packets of those instant noodles for her uni kids. Packed them with checked-in luggage, experienced no probs. Oh good, thanks, so they were going from Dubai to the UK with the dried packet food? Yes, they've done it a couple of times now within a space of a few months. They bought something like 6 x 5 packets so a sizeable volume.
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 19:21
Friends from UK were here recently, twice, and bought packets of those instant noodles for her uni kids. Packed them with checked-in luggage, experienced no probs. Oh good, thanks, so they were going from Dubai to the UK with the dried packet food?
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 19:16
Friends from UK were here recently, twice, and bought packets of those instant noodles for her uni kids. Packed them with checked-in luggage, experienced no probs.
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 19:02
Trying to find out if its ok to carry dried packet foods, such a dried ready pasta and instant rice packets and instant cereal, into the UK these days. Spent hours on all the .gov.uk customs websites but there's no mention of dried packet foods. Anyone have any idea? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY