Comparison between emirates career and other | ExpatWoman.com

Comparison between emirates career and other

Latest post on 27 May 2014 - 13:05

Hi ladies,

My sister just got an offer with Emirates airline for airport professionals where she will be paid not more than AED 5000 a month. She can easily get a job in private sector with a higher salary. But some friends are recommending to go for emirates saying it provides good benefits and you can earn a lot doing over time and good for her future career.

What would you suggest ladies? Any experienced ones? Your help is very much appreciated x

Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 01:37
Working for Emirates in the airport is generally not well paid and if they're offering her 5000 I would say that this is grade 4? It is very difficult to get promoted within this company especially for the lower grades, she could be stuck at the same grade for years. Benefits aren't great apart from tickets again especially for low grade employees. I would suggest she looks elsewhere to be honest...
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 10:50
Thanks guys. Once you accept their contrcat there will be an increment of two thousand dirhams(maybe it depends..) which is not bad.
Latest post on 27 May 2014 - 14:33
Depends what the role is - cabin crew get more perks than ground staff apparently
Latest post on 27 May 2014 - 13:13
Your sister should apply for jobs in other private companies and compare salary and benefits. At EK benefits will depend on what grade you join as and her family situation. Cash in hand can have as much value as benefits for some. Say the person is single no kids. What is the benefit of a school allowance worth ?None to this person. You need to see what benefits would apply to you.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY