french bulldog and flying | ExpatWoman.com

french bulldog and flying

Latest post on 05 June 2014 - 14:36

Hi,
Just wondered about how they get here if they are banned on so many airlines as they have a high risk of dying due to their short noses/faces???

Latest post on 11 June 2014 - 16:12
I was told recently they don't advertise the small cute dogs, don't as me why but I think they try rehome he older desert dogs first. Maybe ring round them all and see what they have. We've just bought a frenchie here so it's interesting to know about this rule, had never heard it before. Def gives me food for thought about when we leave UAE.
Latest post on 05 June 2014 - 17:01
As you have probbaly heard all the rescue centres are full right now and have waiting lists. If you do want one thats the way to go.
Latest post on 05 June 2014 - 16:59
We will. But have some limitations because it has to be small (cat size) Those are the apartment rules. We adopted an older dog before who then bit my son so it will have to be a puppy. Dog is well and my dog trainer rehomed him...So we are looking into our options...
Latest post on 05 June 2014 - 15:32
Before others jump on you and suggest this. Why don't you look for a puppy out here from one of the rescue centres?
Latest post on 05 June 2014 - 15:30
That's exactely why we are not getting one until we move back to Europe permanently...Shame, we really love them. Been looking into other small dogs for 6 month now...We want to get one at the end of august...Now hubby, son and me all want a different one..lol
Latest post on 05 June 2014 - 15:03
Some airlines may still fly them during certain months still, but I certainly wouldn't want to put one through flying during the summer, or any time really, since that breed has issues breathing anyway.
Latest post on 05 June 2014 - 14:58
Aparently some airlines completely banned them now...somebody said that 1 out of every 2 bulldogs die during flight so was wondering why/how so many are here with no breeders etc...We wanted to get a frenchie but now can't as we would like to take the dog home with us over every summer...
Latest post on 05 June 2014 - 14:38
I think that they are only banned during the summer months for flying.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY