Toilet Hosepipe | ExpatWoman.com

Toilet Hosepipe

Latest post on 09 June 2014 - 10:05

I am totally confused, I thought it was just the local Emirati ladies that used the hose pipe to clean the under areas, but from what I am experiencing in my office it seems to be all kinds of nationalities!

I'd never even seen one before I moved here!

Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 10:56
Felt strange when I see this old post! Actually I was looking for maids suggestions then I see the subjet and couldn't hold my hand not to click and read it. I thought I was thinking too much about these toilet issues. My DH always says that I'm obsessed with it -in a part he is right:)- . But seeing myself not alone, in a country that I am an expat..it is relaxing and funnny:)) Here's the situation in my country nobody mentioned as far as I've seen among the posts: We've Toilet Hosepipes too, smaller ones, but it is located -like a bidet- right on your back under the part you use to sit on. Arghhh I wish I could draw this one! Anyway, there's a tap valve near the toilet, the only thing you can do with it is to turn it on and off it. So there's no disgusting wet floor cause it is totally stable and targeted:) I can't discuss with one is more hygenic, everyone has their own habbits..But I'm much more relaxed with the ones in my country. I have the same idea about how bad it could be the ones here in Dubai. People are using it like a fire truck hose! Which gets me not using public toilets, unless I can't stand..For domestic usage I find it OK, at least there is water close to me, that is important:)
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 19:10
Thanks Joyce.....doing really well as long as I don't laugh and twist my body....:)
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 18:21
A man was waiting for an interview in a posh restuarant and decided to use the gents, only to find it out of order. A member of staff said that he could use the ladies but not to touch the buttons on the wall panel. In he went and he sat down. Curiosity got the better of him and he pressed a blue button. A spray of warm water flowed over his behind. Next. he pressed a white button and a jet of hot air dried him. A pretty pink button released a powder puff with talcum powder which tickled. He looked at the final red button for a bit before pressing. Next thing he knew, he was waking up in a hospital bed with a nurse looking down at him. "What happened?" he croaked! The nurse said "you were told not to touch the buttons in that toilet. The red one was an automatic tampon remover, your p***s is under your pillow"! :D Sitting in bed trying to laugh and holding my stitches at the same time ( back surgery ). Sorry :( Hope you feel better soon! I remember trying having stitches in my belly after having my gall bladder out and trying not to laugh too hard!! x
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 18:09
A man was waiting for an interview in a posh restuarant and decided to use the gents, only to find it out of order. A member of staff said that he could use the ladies but not to touch the buttons on the wall panel. In he went and he sat down. Curiosity got the better of him and he pressed a blue button. A spray of warm water flowed over his behind. Next. he pressed a white button and a jet of hot air dried him. A pretty pink button released a powder puff with talcum powder which tickled. He looked at the final red button for a bit before pressing. Next thing he knew, he was waking up in a hospital bed with a nurse looking down at him. "What happened?" he croaked! The nurse said "you were told not to touch the buttons in that toilet. The red one was an automatic tampon remover, your p***s is under your pillow"! :D Sitting in bed trying to laugh and holding my stitches at the same time ( back surgery ).
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 16:55
A man was waiting for an interview in a posh restuarant and decided to use the gents, only to find it out of order. A member of staff said that he could use the ladies but not to touch the buttons on the wall panel. In he went and he sat down. Curiosity got the better of him and he pressed a blue button. A spray of warm water flowed over his behind. Next. he pressed a white button and a jet of hot air dried him. A pretty pink button released a powder puff with talcum powder which tickled. He looked at the final red button for a bit before pressing. Next thing he knew, he was waking up in a hospital bed with a nurse looking down at him. "What happened?" he croaked! The nurse said "you were told not to touch the buttons in that toilet. The red one was an automatic tampon remover, your p***s is under your pillow"! :D
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 15:43
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet Just seen the video. Who would have thought..you face the wall and straddle it like you're on a horse! Still, I think that my knees might hit the wall if I try to reach the tap at the back of our bidet. Off up to try it now, thanks for the link :) <em>edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 13:12
Wow- this thread is hilarious. Though I have to say, if your only argument against using water is that some people leave the toilet floor wet (which I agree is disgusting)- then what do you say when the area around the wash basins is covered with water? Certainly isn't an argument against washing hands after using the toilet! edited by Gentle on 10/06/2014 because the water around the toilet may be filled with faeces that have shot out - this is not liable to happen at the sink unless you are washing your **** in the sink ... well i have seen mothers stick their childs **** under the tap in a public toilet..... so there goes your theory. NO!!! Well I have never seen this ............. I have, but it is usually housemaids doing this and not mothers...
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 13:09
funny how no-one has mentioned the wastage of water...especially seeing as we live in a desert environment......Coming from Australia if everyone washed there would be no water........ ...and yet everyone washes their hands? and showers (well we hope they do) Good wash once a week in the sink, feet on the draining board ;-) whether you needed it or not ? :-P
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 13:08
Wow- this thread is hilarious. Though I have to say, if your only argument against using water is that some people leave the toilet floor wet (which I agree is disgusting)- then what do you say when the area around the wash basins is covered with water? Certainly isn't an argument against washing hands after using the toilet! edited by Gentle on 10/06/2014 because the water around the toilet may be filled with faeces that have shot out - this is not liable to happen at the sink unless you are washing your **** in the sink ... well i have seen mothers stick their childs **** under the tap in a public toilet..... so there goes your theory. NO!!! Well I have never seen this .............
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 13:07
Wow- this thread is hilarious. Though I have to say, if your only argument against using water is that some people leave the toilet floor wet (which I agree is disgusting)- then what do you say when the area around the wash basins is covered with water? Certainly isn't an argument against washing hands after using the toilet! edited by Gentle on 10/06/2014 because the water around the toilet may be filled with faeces that have shot out - this is not liable to happen at the sink unless you are washing your **** in the sink ... I'm afraid to ask- but, how (and why) would it shoot out? Angle + force of water + inexperienced handler + size of behocchie = ricochet
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:32
And our Bengal has his own small shower :) he puts himself in it or you put him in it? Last time i tried to wash a cat, i ended up in hospital He puts himself in and I turn the tap on. Bengals love water
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:30
And our Bengal has his own small shower :) he puts himself in it or you put him in it? Last time i tried to wash a cat, i ended up in hospital
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:29
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet lol. Actually the bidet over here isn't like the one pictured. The ones in my place just have a tap that shoots out water from the back. Joyce, the bidet is a great place for plants, and for foot washing... :) edited by Alismum on 10/06/2014 And our Bengal has his own small shower :)
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:27
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet lol. Actually the bidet over here isn't like the one pictured. The ones in my place just have a tap that shoots out water from the back. Joyce, the bidet is a great place for plants, and for foot washing... :) <em>edited by Alismum on 10/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:27
Wow- this thread is hilarious. Though I have to say, if your only argument against using water is that some people leave the toilet floor wet (which I agree is disgusting)- then what do you say when the area around the wash basins is covered with water? Certainly isn't an argument against washing hands after using the toilet! edited by Gentle on 10/06/2014 because the water around the toilet may be filled with faeces that have shot out - this is not liable to happen at the sink unless you are washing your **** in the sink ... well i have seen mothers stick their childs **** under the tap in a public toilet..... so there goes your theory. Good point!
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:26
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet Some people like a happy ending :-P We used our bidet for keeping plants moist while we were on holiday! Very handy :D How? Put the plug in, filled with water and placed the plant pots in. :) Good idea if you only have one plant and are only going for a short time...
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:25
funny how no-one has mentioned the wastage of water...especially seeing as we live in a desert environment......Coming from Australia if everyone washed there would be no water........ ...and yet everyone washes their hands? and showers (well we hope they do) [b'>Good wash once a week in the sink, feet on the draining board[/b'> ;-) Ah the good old days, I remember them well ;) <em>edited by Alismum on 10/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:23
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet Some people like a happy ending :-P We used our bidet for keeping plants moist while we were on holiday! Very handy :D How? Put the plug in, filled with water and placed the plant pots in. :)
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:23
funny how no-one has mentioned the wastage of water...especially seeing as we live in a desert environment......Coming from Australia if everyone washed there would be no water........ ...and yet everyone washes their hands? and showers (well we hope they do) wanted to say showers too, then changed it as people already seem to think the hosepipe is used like a shower head instead of a light spray.
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:20
funny how no-one has mentioned the wastage of water...especially seeing as we live in a desert environment......Coming from Australia if everyone washed there would be no water........ ...and yet everyone washes their hands? and showers (well we hope they do) Good wash once a week in the sink, feet on the draining board ;-)
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:19
funny how no-one has mentioned the wastage of water...especially seeing as we live in a desert environment......Coming from Australia if everyone washed there would be no water........ ...and yet everyone washes their hands? and showers (well we hope they do)
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:18
funny how no-one has mentioned the wastage of water...especially seeing as we live in a desert environment......Coming from Australia if everyone washed there would be no water........ ...and yet there is enough for everyone to wash their hands? <em>edited by Gentle on 10/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:17
Wow- this thread is hilarious. Though I have to say, if your only argument against using water is that some people leave the toilet floor wet (which I agree is disgusting)- then what do you say when the area around the wash basins is covered with water? Certainly isn't an argument against washing hands after using the toilet! edited by Gentle on 10/06/2014 because the water around the toilet may be filled with faeces that have shot out - this is not liable to happen at the sink unless you are washing your **** in the sink ... well i have seen mothers stick their childs **** under the tap in a public toilet..... so there goes your theory.
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:14
Wow- this thread is hilarious. Though I have to say, if your only argument against using water is that some people leave the toilet floor wet (which I agree is disgusting)- then what do you say when the area around the wash basins is covered with water? Certainly isn't an argument against washing hands after using the toilet! edited by Gentle on 10/06/2014 because the water around the toilet may be filled with faeces that have shot out - this is not liable to happen at the sink unless you are washing your **** in the sink ... I'm afraid to ask- but, how (and why) would it shoot out?
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:13
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet Some people like a happy ending :-P We used our bidet for keeping plants moist while we were on holiday! Very handy :D How?
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 12:02
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet Some people like a happy ending :-P We used our bidet for keeping plants moist while we were on holiday! Very handy :D I knew it wouldn't be long before the "Moist word" came into play..............:-) It was a perfectly innocent remark LOL! :D
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 11:56
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet Some people like a happy ending :-P We used our bidet for keeping plants moist while we were on holiday! Very handy :D I knew it wouldn't be long before the "Moist word" came into play..............:-)
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 11:53
While we are on the subject, what is it with the design of bidets? On a toilet, you have a good bum sized hole (give or take) with a comfy seat. On a bidet you need to perch on the cold, bare rim of a huge bowl, whilst you try to direct the water towards where you need it. Left to its own devices, the water trickles down the small of my back, which is generally quite clean already. I did face the wrong way on squat toilets for years, so it is quite possible that I have got this wrong too. Adjust the water pressure so it sprays where it is needed ;), never had an issue with it spraying my back !! sounds like you sat too far forward....... But mine has a downward pointing tap right at the back of the bowl. Am I supposed to put the plug in, fill it up then dip my tail feathers? Who has time for that? edited by Chewit on 10/06/2014 Umm, Chewit, are you facing the right way on your bidet? http://www.howcast.com/videos/351816-How-to-Use-a-Bidet Some people like a happy ending :-P We used our bidet for keeping plants moist while we were on holiday! Very handy :D
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 11:53
Loving this thread as it is breathing some fresh air in here before I go :-P Would hate to have to remember EW as it has been for a while...................This will go down in the annals or is that the anals?
Latest post on 10 June 2014 - 11:51
Id love to know what some of you are eating because I certainly don't need a hose down after I go to the toilet lol It's a freshness thing - I like to use my own one even if just a Number 1 - it feels fresh BUT I do not use public ones - too much risk of contamination - even touching it with your hand is potentially lethal .... ;-)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY