Living in Al Ghadeer with kids in school? | ExpatWoman.com

Living in Al Ghadeer with kids in school?

Latest post on 11 June 2014 - 22:56

Hello! Does anyone live in Al Ghadeer with children in school? If so, which school do they go to, and how do they get there? Hubby has started a job in AD, and I work in Dubai. I'm just trying to find somewhere reasonably close to Dubai to live and Al Ghadeer looks amazing. It's just the small inconvenience of the children and their school... Thank you!

Latest post on 20 August 2020 - 22:19
[quote=SGD][quote=Scaralex]I disagree totally. Al Ghadeer may have easier access to schools than some places living within Dubai. You can get onto both the Emirates Road and Sheikh Mo Bin Zayed R...
Hello there, we are moving to Al Ghadeer in one week and looking for some schools which are not too far away from the area, your recommendations would be mostly welcome, thanks a lot
Latest post on 19 March 2015 - 10:09
I would like to know if someone has knowledge of Private transport for my daughter from Al Ghadeer to DPS Discovery garden school. We are moving from Discovery garden to Al Ghadeer end of this month but i am worrying on how to manage transport for my daughter . Please help. 050-1376029
Latest post on 19 November 2014 - 14:17
Hello! Does anyone live in Al Ghadeer with children in school? If so, which school do they go to, and how do they get there? Hubby has started a job in AD, and I work in Dubai. I'm just trying to find somewhere reasonably close to Dubai to live and Al Ghadeer looks amazing. It's just the small inconvenience of the children and their school... Thank you!
Latest post on 19 November 2014 - 14:14
I disagree totally. Al Ghadeer may have easier access to schools than some places living within Dubai. You can get onto both the Emirates Road and Sheikh Mo Bin Zayed Road (the old Emirates Road) really easily. There are half a dozen new schools opening just off SMBZ Road in the Hessa Street Area. There is a school at Green Community and there are schools in Victory Heights, all easily accessible. Jebel Ali School suffers from traffic problems at the moment and the high school is not going ahead so would not be a good option. Try Foremarke, Nord Anglia, the Gems Schools and Victory Heights Primary. Um Sequim Street is not much further and there is a new Kings and Safa campus also opening there in September. May I please get in touch with anyone living in al ghadeer with kids. As we are thinking of moving there in December We loved the feel of Al Ghadeer. <em>edited by SGD on 19/11/2014</em>
I disagree totally. Al Ghadeer may have easier access to schools than some places living within Dubai. You can get onto both the Emirates Road and Sheikh Mo Bin Zayed Road (the old Emirates Road) really easily. There are half a dozen new schools opening just off SMBZ Road in the Hessa Street Area. There is a school at Green Community and there are schools in Victory Heights, all easily accessible. Jebel Ali School suffers from traffic problems at the moment and the high school is not going ahead so would not be a good option. Try Foremarke, Nord Anglia, the Gems Schools and Victory Heights Primary. Um Sequim Street is not much further and there is a new Kings and Safa campus also opening there in September. We loved the feel of Al Ghadeer.
I disagree totally. Al Ghadeer may have easier access to schools than some places living within Dubai. You can get onto both the Emirates Road and Sheikh Mo Bin Zayed Road (the old Emirates Road) really easily. There are half a dozen new schools opening just off SMBZ Road in the Hessa Street Area. There is a school at Green Community and there are schools in Victory Heights, all easily accessible. Jebel Ali School suffers from traffic problems at the moment and the high school is not going ahead so would not be a good option. Try Foremarke, Nord Anglia, the Gems Schools and Victory Heights Primary. Um Sequim Street is not much further and there is a new Kings and Safa campus also opening there in September. We loved the feel of Al Ghadeer.
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 19:28
hi there I am living with 2 children here in al ghadeer for 6 months now .husband works in abudhbai and i work in dubai ..and boy am i aware of schooling problems ..abudhabi schools are out of question .dubai side there are a lot of schools nearby the closest are in discovery gardens and duba investment park. in discovery the schools are winchester british curriculum and delhi public school cbse and a number of nursery . in dip ther are four schools 1 british called warood one IB greenfield one american nibras and a coufiet school which folows sabis system .they are nearest but the problem is to get a bus from any of them to come to ghadeer as all want at least 6 childern to start a minibus .. my daughtere goes to warood in dip even after 6 months i am unable to get 6 children for school .. buses will start to come but we need to coordinate a lot more within the community
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 17:50
Hi, I work at the Trade Centre in Dubai, and the husband near Yas, so we're definitely on the 'right' side of AUH. At the moment I've managed to get the kids in to a school in MBZ, but that was before I found out Al Ghadeer even existed! Had I known, I would I have looked at Dubai schools instead. If we live in MBZ (which seems to be most likely with the current school situ), it will take me about 1.20 to work (according to Google maps and no traffic!), so if it's less than that from Al Ghadeer, then we're all good! I did call the developers and apparently they are building a school in Al Ghadeer too, but it won't open until absolute earliest 2016, so not holding my breath on that one! Thank you girls, you've given us food for thought! yeh i wouldnt hold my breath re school in al ghadeer, they say it will be an international one, but its taken them this long to build the first phase! if you have a sch in mbz thats either diyhah or the new one ajyal then why not look at al reef or hydra its on the cheaper side and then would be very easy to get to sch and yas and also very easy to go straight down the e11 to dubai as its closer than mbz you would add another 15 mins on travel time at least
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 17:17
Hi, I work at the Trade Centre in Dubai, and the husband near Yas, so we're definitely on the 'right' side of AUH. At the moment I've managed to get the kids in to a school in MBZ, but that was before I found out Al Ghadeer even existed! Had I known, I would I have looked at Dubai schools instead. If we live in MBZ (which seems to be most likely with the current school situ), it will take me about 1.20 to work (according to Google maps and no traffic!), so if it's less than that from Al Ghadeer, then we're all good! I did call the developers and apparently they are building a school in Al Ghadeer too, but it won't open until absolute earliest 2016, so not holding my breath on that one! Thank you girls, you've given us food for thought!
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 15:51
There's also Winchester School near Ibn Battuta. We timed it to about 20 mins to the top of Hessa Street. Where do you work? you will definately be looking at the dxb schs rather than auh ones they will be closer.
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 14:50
There's also Winchester School near Ibn Battuta. We timed it to about 20 mins to the top of Hessa Street. Where do you work?
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 14:18
Thank you both! I'm really torn. We have to live in Abu Dhabi to get the rent allowance, but at the same time I don't really fancy the drive everyday. I will definitely look in to school options and travel times as I would probably have to drop them off on my way through to work. I really appreciate it, thank you! its a good bet for people that work in both... it was major delayed as they would be full up before people were made to move to auh to retain allowances etc, so its come just a tad too late for that one last year.. but will work for people that still work in both places, but then again you will still have a bit of a commute... of course it depends on where you are working in auh as i would perhaps go for something in dubai if you only need to travel tothe outskirts of auh but if you need to go the cbd then it adds another 30 mins on the journey etc but as you have to have an auh address then this will be fine, but i would look for a sch close to your work place then <em>edited by busybee2 on 12/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 14:16
I disagree totally. Al Ghadeer may have easier access to schools than some places living within Dubai. You can get onto both the Emirates Road and Sheikh Mo Bin Zayed Road (the old Emirates Road) really easily. There are half a dozen new schools opening just off SMBZ Road in the Hessa Street Area. There is a school at Green Community and there are schools in Victory Heights, all easily accessible. Jebel Ali School suffers from traffic problems at the moment and the high school is not going ahead so would not be a good option. Try Foremarke, Nord Anglia, the Gems Schools and Victory Heights Primary. Um Sequim Street is not much further and there is a new Kings and Safa campus also opening there in September. We loved the feel of Al Ghadeer. i mean you can access it for dubai, but its too far to go for auh! its still a 10 min or so..... drive to the main road and then onwards into dxb... obviously it depends on where you are heading... but i wouldnt drive along back to auh every day with kids its too far.
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 14:01
Thank you both! I'm really torn. We have to live in Abu Dhabi to get the rent allowance, but at the same time I don't really fancy the drive everyday. I will definitely look in to school options and travel times as I would probably have to drop them off on my way through to work. I really appreciate it, thank you!
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 11:07
Latest post on 12 June 2014 - 08:23
Hello! Does anyone live in Al Ghadeer with children in school? If so, which school do they go to, and how do they get there? Hubby has started a job in AD, and I work in Dubai. I'm just trying to find somewhere reasonably close to Dubai to live and Al Ghadeer looks amazing. It's just the small inconvenience of the children and their school... Thank you! al ghadeer is closer to dxb than ad.... so the schooling will be nearest probably jebel ali school but only primary... etc but they are supposed to be building a school somewhere in the master planning i think.... you are too far to take kids to an expat school in abu dhabi the nearest would be the ones in khalifa city a or at baniyas etc all too far! that road is a nitemare. and really i would say its a "big inconvenience" of the children and their school... its a very new development, it was delayed and its off the main road up the truck road with "nothing" around it.... it will be years before it becomes established...... look at peoples comments about the new development of al reef up by auh airport, like its been around now for 4 years or so, but they still havent opened everything up. if it was me and i had kids i would not live in al ghadeer unless you had the time to ferry your kids back and forth.