Snagging a new place | ExpatWoman.com

Snagging a new place

Latest post on 13 June 2014 - 18:28

Hello ladies. My husband and I are inspecting our new apartment tomorrow before handover. This is our first property therefore the process is entirely new. I found some "snag lists" on the internet, but I'd appreciate tips from people who have gone through this, like small things you've missed and thought you'd not miss next time..
Thanks in advance.

Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 22:49
I just used a professional which turned out to save me a lot of money :-) Qualitaz.com
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 06:57
When we did our snagging we were given something stupid like one hour and weren't allowed to bring anybody else. This was for a 4000+ sq ft villa. We missed loads of stuff.
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 23:05
Check every door opens and closes well with no gaps against the door frame or dragging on the floor. Check the handle pushes / turns easily and that the lock fits into the door frame nicely and does not rattle when you push / pull it. Check it doesn't squeak when you open it. Also check each window opens, closes and locks properly and that they are properly sealed around the window frames. I would do the same for every kitchen / bathroom/ wardrobe drawer and cupboard door. I would also check there are absolutely no tiny gaps in the grouting in the floor and wall tiles (especially around the baths / showers) and same with the sealant around the bath / shower bases. Check there are no gaps to the tops of the skirting board (tiled or timber). Turn on the taps to the bath & shower and check the water drains away quickly. I would check the flush on all the toilets. Check the plugs open and close on all the sinks / wash hand basins / bidets and fill them up with water to check the water doesn't drain away with the plug in. I had better stop now or I could get quite carried away with this list....
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 20:42
Well we had friends who went through a 'snag list' with an agent for a JBR apartment and majority of it was lies. Agent just wanted to get them off his back and once everything was signed he never answered their phone calls again. Phone calls from other numbers were quickly cancelled.
Latest post on 13 June 2014 - 18:46
Things we got and things we missed: Are the floor tiles sealed? Ours aren't and are porous so they soak up everything and look like **** Do all the a/c's works? Do the water heaters work? Do the extractor fans work (and does each switch turn on the right one?) Do all the power sockets actually have power?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY