Royal Brunei or BA - Dubai to London | ExpatWoman.com

Royal Brunei or BA - Dubai to London

Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 20:58

I haven't travelled with BA for years because the crew were so bad. Are they still the same or improved?

I've never travelled with RB. Would welcome feedback. RB is much cheaper than Emirates, BA cheaper still.

Thanks!

Latest post on 17 June 2014 - 16:26
I really like Royal Brunei, fly with them regularly to London. Personally do not like the BA experience so havn't used them in years! i rarely fly Emirates because they are so expensive, so other than RB i would highly recommend Qatar airways, they are just as good if not better than Emirates, even had a free upgrade with them to Business. Also i just flew from Maktoum airport to Barcelona and the airport was fantastic, so quiet and such a hassle free check in. If your in the Marina/JLT/greens area its no further than DXB.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 June 2014 - 16:03
I like Royal Brunei. I often fly with this airline and don't have any problems. Courteous staff, efficient flight attendants, never a problem with scheduling or cancelled flights (to date).
Latest post on 17 June 2014 - 10:57
She's probably referring to smelly people, who sadly can't be refreshed every 2-3 minutes :)
Latest post on 17 June 2014 - 10:08
the plane air might be a little stale... Sorry, that doesn't make sense. The entire volume of air in a passenger jet gets completely refreshed every 2-3 minutes, which is more frequently than the AC systems in most buildings.
Latest post on 16 June 2014 - 16:22
RB is great! I used to fly them back from NZ to the UK via Dubai (loooong flight!). The only issue that I can think of is the flight may originate elsewhere ie. NZ, Brunei or Australia. All the passengers have to get off in Dubai for refuelling but the plane air might be a little stale.....Otherwise, if RB cheaper then go for it!
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 16 June 2014 - 07:19
EK never gets a look in now. For years I've flown BA, and as said below it's only 7 hours, you eat, sleep and watch movies! No complaints at all - and at the price it's not even worth looking elsewhere if the cheapest! Plus is RB direct? If BA is cheaper and direct, no contest! Dubai is the transit airport for the flight coming from Brunei, do for you it will be direct:)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 16 June 2014 - 07:17
If you can fly from Maktoum Airport I would go for it. I came back fron Doha (onle had a carry on) and I was out in less than 5 minutes. Maybe around the time that half of Dubai travels it will be busier. It is quite far out though, cost me nearly 80 aed. Never flew either airline mentioned but Qatar Airways has a very short stop over when flying to London, just over an hour. But not sure if they still do now they moved to the new Hamad airport. Would love to try Royal Brunei.
Latest post on 16 June 2014 - 00:19
Thx for correction Sanddy_Dogg :)
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 19:06
Sadly the Dreamliner isn't on either my way out or into to London! Annoyingly! Yep SL - I am so sick of EK and their overcharging! Bring on the competition :) Hi. How do you know if it's the Dreamliner or not? Silly me. Dreamliner is a Boeing 787 (sorry Apricot, not the B777 ;) )
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 18:55
Hi I flew Royal Brunei in April..back from London in economy. I flew on a brand new dram liner...lovely and white and airy It was brand new. Staff were just lovely, I was sitting next to a very 'how do I say this without creating a sand storm' blokey Arabic guy who was displaying a lot of interest in me (unwanted) and they kindly moved me. The plan was not full so they gave me a 3 seater at the back (I didnt even have to explain why, they just got it) they also moved an Emirati lady too. Food was the best I have had on an airline - including business class food, though I have not yet flown Emirates business..but I have flown BA, Qantas, Cathay and more in business so I have some grounds for comparison. The entertainment unit was brand new and had all the latest films. You realise it is an alcohol free experience, in al cabins. I was not troubled by this and on the contrary respected them for executing their values. They were so good I wrote them a letter of appreciation. I also love BA though and have had generally good experiences in economy. But if your primary concern is the budget, RB wins full on! Enjoy if RB comes out better on price i would go with them... have used them in the past... really good. better than gulf air or ba at the time and that was the only choice to auh at that time!!!
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 14:31
Thank you. Feel real silly now! :) I didn't notice either at first, asked my travel agent friend! Then went back to have a look - so not silly, just a RB newbie x
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 13:26
Thank you. Feel real silly now! :)
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 13:25
Sadly the Dreamliner isn't on either my way out or into to London! Annoyingly! Yep SL - I am so sick of EK and their overcharging! Bring on the competition :) Hi. How do you know if it's the Dreamliner or not? Silly me. Click on the flight details, and it says what plane it is
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 13:23
Sadly the Dreamliner isn't on either my way out or into to London! Annoyingly! Yep SL - I am so sick of EK and their overcharging! Bring on the competition :) Hi. How do you know if it's the Dreamliner or not? Silly me.
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 13:22
I just have to convince OH to fly RB, as he is a die hard BA flyer!
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 12:46
Just had a quick look on Qatar for a flight back and with two changes I don't think I could bear it. Looks like we'll have to stick with KLM.
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 12:38
Sadly the Dreamliner isn't on either my way out or into to London! Annoyingly! Yep SL - I am so sick of EK and their overcharging! Bring on the competition :) I just cant justify their prices anymore which is sad as their timings are perfect into Manchester Over a 1000k return for a flight is a rip off
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 12:24
Sadly the Dreamliner isn't on either my way out or into to London! Annoyingly! Yep SL - I am so sick of EK and their overcharging! Bring on the competition :)
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 11:01
Hi I flew Royal Brunei in April..back from London in economy. I flew on a brand new dram liner...lovely and white and airy It was brand new. Staff were just lovely, I was sitting next to a very 'how do I say this without creating a sand storm' blokey Arabic guy who was displaying a lot of interest in me (unwanted) and they kindly moved me. The plan was not full so they gave me a 3 seater at the back (I didnt even have to explain why, they just got it) they also moved an Emirati lady too. Food was the best I have had on an airline - including business class food, though I have not yet flown Emirates business..but I have flown BA, Qantas, Cathay and more in business so I have some grounds for comparison. The entertainment unit was brand new and had all the latest films. You realise it is an alcohol free experience, in al cabins. I was not troubled by this and on the contrary respected them for executing their values. They were so good I wrote them a letter of appreciation. I also love BA though and have had generally good experiences in economy. But if your primary concern is the budget, RB wins full on! Enjoy
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 10:38
I've just looked them up, as a short weekend home for a wedding was costing me nearly 7K with all airlines, so I checked the RB, and it is only just over 2,500 - think that is a major consideration! I am flying Qatar this time EK was 3k more!
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 10:27
I've just looked them up, as a short weekend home for a wedding was costing me nearly 7K with all airlines, so I checked the RB, and it is only just over 2,500 - think that is a major consideration!
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 08:26
It depends on where in Dubai you are going from. From Dubai Marina DWC isn't much further than DXB. It's very quiet in comparison and easy to navigate. My experience so far is that it's very efficient.
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 08:05
Hi mrsg - you're right, RB will be flying out from new airport. Never been there - is it a hassle?
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 07:54
I have travelled on BA for the last few years. No problems at all, touch wood ! RB is also a good airline, and as I don't drink during a flight, I don't care that it is a dry airline. The only thing you might want to check is which airport RB is currently flying from as I think it is the new airport, not Dubai International.
Latest post on 15 June 2014 - 07:52
Thank you everyone. That Dreamliner does look good.
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 22:02
My relative says that RB now uses the 777 Dreamliner plane which is a very comfortable experience.
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 21:31
Yes, RB is direct to LHR and you get 30kgs for economy if you book your flight starting in Dubai.
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 21:22
EK never gets a look in now. For years I've flown BA, and as said below it's only 7 hours, you eat, sleep and watch movies! No complaints at all - and at the price it's not even worth looking elsewhere if the cheapest! Plus is RB direct? If BA is cheaper and direct, no contest!
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 21:14
Emirates ? I mean
Latest post on 14 June 2014 - 21:14
We've been flying B for the last few years now back to the UK as Emirates is just so expensive. I personally highly recommend them. They don't serve alcohol on the plane, but I never drink whilst travelling, so no bother for me.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY