Aspirin during 1 trimester of pregnancy | ExpatWoman.com

Aspirin during 1 trimester of pregnancy

Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 20:04
Warey that's good to hear! I'm flying back to UK at 33 weeks and my obgyn has recommended a single dose of Aspirin 75mg. I'm a doctor myself & still in 2 minds. Nice to hear a positive outcome :)
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 17:29
I had a miscarriage 2 years ago and was frantically worried when pregnant with 2nd pregnancy. My gynae prescribed aspirin from week 5 and I now have a beautiful daughter. I took aspirin 75mg, daily from week 5-week 35. Apparently many miscarriages occur as there's not enough oxygen in the blood to reach baby so aspirin thins the blood and allows this. I am no dr but have a lovely baby now so from my experience this was safe. Good luck
Latest post on 18 June 2014 - 10:44
AnonDubai, I am not susceptible to clots. She said I just need to take it 3 days before my flight (small dose of 75mg once daily) and 3 days before return flight. If I was 12 weeks, I wouldn't be that worried. It is gonna be my 8-9th weeks - that what makes me worry a bit. I usually drink a lot water during air travel to get hydrated, perhaps I stick to this routine and maybe even wear those socks. Thank you for your feedback, ladies.
Latest post on 16 June 2014 - 23:40
I was also prescribed aspirin with my last pregnancy and called my Dr at home who said don't take it. He emailed me a link to a study that said asprin doesn't help with DVT on flights and the best thing to do was to wear flight socks. Don't have the link anymore sorry.
Latest post on 16 June 2014 - 22:28
My dr also prescribed aspirin for air travel when I was 12 weeks. It was low dose, because when pregnant you are at higher risk of developing clots. I checked it out on the NHS website which said that in low doses it was fine to take. In my previous pregnancy I didnt take aspirin but wore compression socks and drank extra water during the flight.
Latest post on 16 June 2014 - 20:29
Well, I'm no doctor, but I certainly wouldn't be taking unnecessary medication during pregnancy just because you are going on an airplane. Is there another reason why she told you to take aspirin? Are you susceptible to clots?
Latest post on 16 June 2014 - 19:11
My ob/gyn prescribed me aspirin, when I said I was planning to travel by plane (that would be my 9th week of pregnancy). She explained that we need to avoid clots which may occur during air travel. Has anyone took aspirin for the sake of air travel only? I read aspirin is not recommended during 1st and 3rd trimesters

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY