HELP: Maid Visa Query - Exit and Entry for a New Visa | ExpatWoman.com

HELP: Maid Visa Query - Exit and Entry for a New Visa

Latest post on 17 June 2014 - 11:47

Hello Everyone!

My DH and I just closed on a very nice maid who was working in Dubai, but who lost her job (Sponsor left the country). She reentered Dubai on a tourist visa, where we actually tried her and decided that shes was the one.

Next I had to process a very expensive Entry Permit for the maid (In total About AED 1000, with the typing, processing of Entry Permit within the country, urgent and other service fees).

Now that I have the Entry Permit, I am told she has to exit and reenter the country before I can process her visa for stamping.

I just wanted to get a few tips or suggestions for people who may have done this.

1. Can she leave and reenter on the same day?
2. I was told if we do a visa drive to Oman - I as the sponsor will have to accompany her for the exit and reentry. Is this true? Does anyone know the associated costs?
3. Tickets to Bahrain or Muscat are about AED 600 for a round-trip from Dubai. Can she exit and reenter on these tickets, without a transit visa (Essentially exiting and entering the country for a VISA RUN!)?

Please do get back to me with your responses as soon as possible. I need to action this by tomorrow as her Tourist visa expires tomorrow - and she falls into a AED 100 per day fine category.

Thanks in advance! :)

Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 11:28
Has anyone done this recently? Does this process still work? Process visa while she is here on tourist visa, get pink slip and then send to Oman and back for the reentry on same day?
Latest post on 17 June 2014 - 20:03
You do not have to accompany her, except taking her to the airport. Our lady went to Oman and came back the same day. She didn't need visa as she didn't exit an airport in Oman. Upon arriving to Muscat, she has to immediately go to departure and wait for her plane back to Dubai. Don't remember exactly, but you have to give her a paper from Dubai immigration, which has to be stamped at Dubai airport once the lady goes through immigration. Overall, the process is very easy and she will be one of dozens of those who fly in-and-out Oman for the same reason, so she won't be lost.
Latest post on 17 June 2014 - 16:50
Did you get the pink slip for the residency? This is great! She can't go to a drive to Oman, she needs a visa to Oman as she needs to enter Oman then exit for the visa run, but it is not an issue to fly to Oman & return on the same day as she doesnt get her passport stamped in Oman if she travels by airplane. If you dont have the residency slip she will have to leave to Kish only as it's the only place around that doesnt need a visa for entry & she will have to stay for 2-3 days until the visa is issued, but in your case it is not required as you already have the entry permit.
Latest post on 17 June 2014 - 16:13
Anyone!?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY