Really struggling....................... | ExpatWoman.com

Really struggling.......................

Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 14:38
Thanks [b'>@nadiaw[/b'>, am really trying my best bearing in Mind that "Gods timing is the best" only that as human being we get tired of waiting especially with the currently rent hikes. make sure you register with the best recruiters and make an appointment to go and meet them and dress to impress. When registered with them keep constantly chasing them each week so that they keep you in the forefront of their minds when a job comes up..am doing the same and it will pay off eventually but patience is paramount..am still ever hopeful and luckily a job interview beginning of next week...so fingers crossed and hopefully many more to come after Eid....! keep positive
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 11:44
Thanks [b'>@nadiaw[/b'>, am really trying my best bearing in Mind that "Gods timing is the best" only that as human being we get tired of waiting especially with the currently rent hikes.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 11:25
You tried registering on www.linkedIn.com? create yourself a profile it's free. Link with all the recruiters joing groups. Stay positive, it's not easy in the UAE (each job gets hundreds and hundreds of applications) Make sure your CV is tiptop.
Latest post on 23 July 2014 - 08:57
Still trying to find something better
Latest post on 16 July 2014 - 14:51
Thanks, sending my CV now
Latest post on 16 July 2014 - 14:49
The MediCentre at Skycourts is looking for a full time receptionist. http://www.medicentres.ae/contact-us.html
Latest post on 16 July 2014 - 14:41
Hi Mama, If you are a low income earner, have you registered with the Dar Al Ber Society? I just saw on the news that low income earners registered with DABS can get free medical entitlements, and I assume it is not Emirati only as Emirati's already get free government medical so they would not need to register as low income earners. I just thought about you, sorry, not trying to say you are low income, but if you are struggling and have a large family, knowing medical could be covered ICE is a weight off your shoulders. Thanks for your concern [b'>@Londiamond[/b'>, I havent, but I will register now, again thanks
Latest post on 10 July 2014 - 19:09
Hi Mama, If you are a low income earner, have you registered with the Dar Al Ber Society? I just saw on the news that low income earners registered with DABS can get free medical entitlements, and I assume it is not Emirati only as Emirati's already get free government medical so they would not need to register as low income earners. I just thought about you, sorry, not trying to say you are low income, but if you are struggling and have a large family, knowing medical could be covered ICE is a weight off your shoulders.
Latest post on 03 July 2014 - 10:20
Just wondering if anybody can help, am working though the pay is not good to be able to support my kids, dropped my CV in vain
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 09:36
And even if you apply and then find the job has gone, you never know what will happen to your CV once the company sees it!!
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 09:11
Thanks [b'>Admin[/b'>, so its a matter of trying every time and then
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 09:08
Hi Notepad, Just to clarify our jobs policy for you and other readers. Our jobs listing is for a period of 30 days unless the client has a shorter deadline to fill the position in which case the job will be removed before the one month is up. Furthermore, if the client fills the position they will inform us and the job ad will be removed. If a client has not filled a position after 30 days they may also renew the advert for another 30 days. Hence, all the jobs listed on our jobs board are available. HTH and good luck with the job hunt!! EW Admin <em>edited by admin on 01/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 08:47
There are not really 60 vacancies - are there? A large proportion of the advertised jobs have either been there for a few weeks, or the 'apply by' date has expired. Also, as an active job seeker, how do I know if a job is still available if it has been advertised for 4 weeks but has no closing date? It is frustrating enough trying to find work in Dubai, without spending time tailoring a CV and covering letter for a job that may not exist anymore. Would it be possible for Admin to do a little housekeeping and remove those vacancies that are clearly not available? This would really help us newcomers make proper use of the site.
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 18:17
Hi again, There are over 60 vacancies for women advertised on our jobs section.... Get applying today http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobs.aspx HTH
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 17:25
We are many sailing in the same boat I guess :)
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 17:23
do either of you speak arabic?
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 15:15
yes [b'>I agree its not what you know its who you know[/b'> - networking is the best way to advertise you are looking for a job. I have also been on thhe look out for 2 months now and its frustrating but ideally get close to some of the best recruiters and keep badgering them and making them think of you first when they get something in that would suit. ok <em>edited by mama5 on 30/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 15:10
yes I agree its not what you know its who you know - networking is the best way to advertise you are looking for a job. I have also been on thhe look out for 2 months now and its frustrating but ideally get close to some of the best recruiters and keep badgering them and making them think of you first when they get something in that would suit. What do you do Tatters? and how are you? Am PA/EA ...am ok thanks , would be better if I had a job!! Ahh Tatters, I'm in the same boat! Also looking but none of the offers I had pay enough. Guess things will pick up after Ramadan. I feel like I have actually gone a few steps back, I was a PA for a well known person in the UK as well as HNWI's but most PA/EA roles here are not on the same level as in the UK.
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 14:31
yes I agree its not what you know its who you know - networking is the best way to advertise you are looking for a job. I have also been on thhe look out for 2 months now and its frustrating but ideally get close to some of the best recruiters and keep badgering them and making them think of you first when they get something in that would suit. What do you do Tatters? and how are you? Am PA/EA ...am ok thanks , would be better if I had a job!!
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 14:27
yes I agree its not what you know its who you know - networking is the best way to advertise you are looking for a job. I have also been on thhe look out for 2 months now and its frustrating but ideally get close to some of the best recruiters and keep badgering them and making them think of you first when they get something in that would suit. What do you do Tatters? and how are you?
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 14:23
yes I agree its not what you know its who you know - networking is the best way to advertise you are looking for a job. I have also been on thhe look out for 2 months now and its frustrating but ideally get close to some of the best recruiters and keep badgering them and making them think of you first when they get something in that would suit.
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 14:08
hi mama5 , i have been reading your posts ..like most of the posts here , i agree that its who you know in dubai that counts ..i have been here for 7 years in a working capacity and thats how i have gotten all my roles - through contacts. i may be able to asisst you after august as i am in the midst of finalising a job offer where i would need to put a team / office together in Dubai where i would be heading GCC operations. i am still in discussions back and forth and if i can be of any assistance to you .. i would love to help . i am thinking of building an all woman team ;)) [b'>danykz[/b'> and [b'>style1[/b'>, thank you very much for your reply, I know for now its not easy to get something, but I will load more patience for God's timing is the best! <em>edited by mama5 on 30/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 14:00
Try Linked In, they usually have a lot of openings for different fields. If there is an opening in my line of work, I will definitely let you know, but as some other ladies mentioned, it is not the most ideal time to get a job unfortunately... But will definitely keep my eyes open for you!
Latest post on 30 June 2014 - 13:04
hi mama5 , i have been reading your posts ..like most of the posts here , i agree that its who you know in dubai that counts ..i have been here for 7 years in a working capacity and thats how i have gotten all my roles - through contacts. i may be able to asisst you after august as i am in the midst of finalising a job offer where i would need to put a team / office together in Dubai where i would be heading GCC operations. i am still in discussions back and forth and if i can be of any assistance to you .. i would love to help . i am thinking of building an all woman team ;)) <em>edited by stylex1 on 30/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 29 June 2014 - 12:41
Hi mama5 - Im not sure what your situation is but the UAE is not a place to struggle financially if you are a single mother with children and you have to pay rent. You have to factor in School fees, childcare costs at some stage and IFyou dont have help with that how will you manage ? Analyse your situation financially and if you dont have a lot of support here, why don't you consider moving back to your home country ( assuming you were not born in the UAE and grew up here ) Im just making an assumption here and I apologise in advance if your situation is different to the above. Customer service/Admin support jobs usually pay 4 figure salaries because the competition is tough out there and you will face that where someone is willing to accept a lower paid salary as their circumstances and needs are not the same as yours. Good luck xx
Latest post on 29 June 2014 - 12:41
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, if he is history? You mean dead or out of the picture? If he is alive, he should still be paying. In theory, yes. Reality is sometimes different (worth not getting any financial support to be shot of him though - in my case)
Latest post on 29 June 2014 - 12:29
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, if he is history? You mean dead or out of the picture? If he is alive, he should still be paying.
Latest post on 29 June 2014 - 12:26
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, if he is history?
Latest post on 29 June 2014 - 12:24
Thanks @IzzyOnTheSeat, with the current rent hike, its really tough for some of us single mums, just crossing my fingers :) Shouldn't the children's father be paying for their accommodation?
Latest post on 29 June 2014 - 12:23
Thanks @IzzyOnTheSeat, with the current rent hike, its really tough for some of us single mums, just crossing my fingers :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY