Paranormal Nightmare Experiences :s | ExpatWoman.com

Paranormal Nightmare Experiences :s

Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:09

Hiya ladies

I'm having some really scary experiences and was wondering if anyone can relate to this or possibly help them stop.

Before i married my DH he use to tell me that after the 2nd night of a heavy drinking night he would have a nightmare, which felt so real, as if a spirit was trying to take over his body. He would wake up panicking, realise it was a dream and that would be the end of it. This would happen so often but i never really thought much about it then as it never occurred to me how scary it could be. He told me that a few of his friends have had the same experience in the past too.

After we got married and moved here in 2011, i had a horrible experience. It was my first night here, i fell asleep after trying to catch up on two weeks if hollyoaks. I put the laptop to sleep and at 3am on the dot the laptop turned on and holloaks started to play by it self. I'm not sure but i am assuming its standard for a laptop to come out of sleep mode it self but then how on earth is the play button activated. It totally freaked me out. I then swapped sides with my husband thinking maybe this will settle it.

Within ten days of me moving i found out i was pregnant and ever since the pregnancy and the baby nothing much has happened. My husband does not go out or drink alot either as our responsibilities have changed. But there has been the odd occasion where i have woken up to him while what seems to be like he is screaming. I've ended up slapping him to wake him up as nothing else seems to work. In the morning he was telling me he had a nightmare about a spirit taking control again.

There was also a time when i was pregnant with my 2nd and as i lay asleep, with both my hands on my chest, i was woken up by him punching my hands exactly where they were on my chest. Hes also woken up saying he saw a woman standing by my bed and on the odd occasion i now dream about things moving around by them self in our apartment.

The whole thing is starting to freak me out so much now, thankfully i have never experienced anything bad myself and its only dreams that i snap out of easily but i just don't know what triggers them. We thought it was alcohol related but now we don't even drink, we don't have the time to as we are so busy with our girls, however these dream are still happening. Not as much but enough to freak me out.

Can anyone relate to something like this? Can something be done?

Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 08:01
As others have said, if you have electronics close to you i.e. the laptop you're watching, phones, routers etc this can interfere with sleep. Shut it all down and move it away from you. Certain foods can be massive triggers to this sort of thing, especially like eating dairy or sugar close to bed time, red wine, chocolate, cheese - plus eating in general close to bedtime can also be a factor.
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 00:59
Religion or lack of , has nothing to do with it. Notnewintown, is right. When you feel this horrible thing happening, just move your tongue, it stops it straight away.
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 17:37
I read up on feng shui hoping it will help and it too suggests no electronics in the bedroom. We only have a tv in there but its not even wired up as its never use (no time to relax in bed and watch tele nowadays). The only other this we have are our mobile phones, husband has his own business and refuses to turn off his phone, bit of a workaholic but i'll try and convince him. Wicked_angel78 your experience must have been terrifying for you and your son...how long did this last? My husband hasn't had an experience for a while thank god.
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 17:08
Today morning I don't know if I was awake or still sleeping but I tried to reach for my mobile to check the time, I felt a hand holding my wrist & trying to pull me, I knew immediately I was going through a night terror, my son was half awake next to me, I tried to scream his name out, then I was finally able to wake up, my son asked me why I was talking in a weird way I suffer from night terrors from time to time but this is the 1st time I was more conscious than the times before
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 15:21
none of this sounds paranormal, just sounds like your husband has a sleep disorder. My husband also sleepwalks and talks if he drinks heavily, or eats certain foods or sleeps in too hot a room. I would look to triggers (food, heat, stress etc). I also wonder about the electronics thing, I used to sleep with my phone quite close to my head and this has actually been shown to affect brain waves (the proximity needs to be quite close, now I switch it off at night and I do feel I sleep better.
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 13:48
A tip for those who suffer from sleep paralysis: during an episode push your tongue to the roof of your mouth. This will send a sign to your brain to activate your muscles and it will break the paralysis. Try it. Hope it helps.
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 12:32
If science does not explain it for you, and you feel/believe there is more to it, I recommend you burn some sage and do some research on the subject. http://www.movingtowardspeace.com/mtpblog/the-ancient-art-of-burning-sage.html
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 10:19
This should have something to do with the electronic devices in your living space.
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 08:29
MrsDB if i were you i would try exhausting all physical possibilities before considering anything paranormal or untoward there is most likely is a simple explanation that is treatable or least manageable.
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 05:31
Anyone remembers this piece of news > http://www.emirates247.com/news/jumeirah-jinns-giving-residents-a-spookfest-2011-04-19-1.382791
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:51
I get these type of bad dreams, night terrors quite regularly and often scream out in my sleep. My husband gently touches me or strokes my back to stop them and I wake up then fall back asleep. It's definitely not stress or anxiety related as I don't suffer from either but probably due to something I have read, watched on TV or something I have eaten that has caused me to dream. Have you changed your eating habits? It could be worth thinking about any new foods you are eating or perhaps stop eating things late at night. I think cheese and dairy may be a trigger for dreams so try cutting dairy out and relaxing with chamomile tea before bedtime.
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:51
If its sleep apnea there are things that can be done to help,(not an expert but i believe there are some treatments) if its stress related perhaps exercise or meditation in the evenings would help. Meditation and mindfulness has practically rid me of it. <em>edited by mannikat on 01/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:46
The reason I asked is that the only time I have my phone in the bedroom is when DH is away and I always end up sleeping very badly then. I'm sure there is something in this.
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:43
Do you still sleep with electronics like the laptop in your bedroom? edited by Geordie expat on 01/07/2014 Good point GE. I don't have phones, laptops, TV or anything like that in the bedroom. And the wireless is turned off at night. Sleep so much better for it.
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:40
Do you still sleep with electronics like the laptop in your bedroom? <em>edited by Geordie expat on 01/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:37
My DH has said it is sleep paralysis too...the attached link said theres nothing that can be done??? There must be something right? The alcohol factor hardly exsits in our home now, maybe once a blue moon. I try and catch up on naps during the day and DH is in the fuest room because he needs more than four hours of sleep before going to work (baby in our room waking up). I never experienced anything like this previousily and now that i am its really scary and i'm not even having the sleep paralysis. I refused to sleep in the dark for a year after the first few experiences, before this i needed to make sure the room was pitch black for me to sleep atall. :( MrsDB - If you are a christian you can arrange prayers group with friends you pray together
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:32
My DH has said it is sleep paralysis too...the attached link said theres nothing that can be done??? There must be something right? The alcohol factor hardly exsits in our home now, maybe once a blue moon. I try and catch up on naps during the day and DH is in the fuest room because he needs more than four hours of sleep before going to work (baby in our room waking up). I never experienced anything like this previousily and now that i am its really scary and i'm not even having the sleep paralysis. I refused to sleep in the dark for a year after the first few experiences, before this i needed to make sure the room was pitch black for me to sleep atall. :(
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:27
Sounds like night terrors which i think is common when overtired or anxious. There may be some herbal remedies to help him out.
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:22
Not sure if its the same thing, but i get sleep paralysis as mentioned in the thread posted by Daza. Its so scary lying there helpless wanting to scream but nothing comes out, for me its related to anxiety but it can be due to sleep apnea, or disturbed REM sleep. Most people sleep very deeply after alcohol so that might explain why it happened then and as for now perhaps he is very tired at the moment.
Latest post on 01 July 2014 - 11:12
This is ringing bells about a thread on here a while back, does anyone else remember it? I can't remember enough detail to search for it. ETA: Found it http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic206030-something-weird-happened-during-my-sleep.aspx?Page=1 <em>edited by Daza on 01/07/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY