Swimming for ladies only | ExpatWoman.com

Swimming for ladies only

Latest post on 08 July 2014 - 22:21

Hi there,

I have recently moved to Doha from the UK - just over two weeks ago!

I was wondering whether there are any swimming pools near Al Rayyan Oasis compound which has ladies only swim sessions? The compound I'm on has an outdoor pool which is mixed.

Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 16:10
Hi Elegance 123 Very pleased to know that you are enjoying your time there and settling well. Wish you a pleasant and blessed Eid! Take care
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 13:19
Thank u for ur replies. I totally forgot about the recreation centre, hubby did mention to me. Hello Dra and 0Z4 Yes it is very nice here at the compound, there's a Mosque just outside the compound gate. Ramadhan is going well as the days are shorter and we tend to stay indoors mainly during the day due to hot temp. All the residents on the compound are staff or family members of Sidra and they are very nice friendly. It's diverse and a lpt of muslims too from diff parts of the world. In regards to the visa, I think my hubby got his few weeks after being offered the job once the wholee application process was complete. Is this what you mean?
Latest post on 12 July 2014 - 16:46
if you are with Sidra and affiliated with QF as suggested below -- QF has multiple excellent swimming facilities that includes ladies' hours. I have also seen posters around QF about ladies' swimming lessons in the past.
Latest post on 12 July 2014 - 05:23
Al Rayyan seems to be the place where you will be offered permanent housing. You may however choose to take the allowance and search for your own.
Latest post on 12 July 2014 - 03:56
Hello to all, I am a female nurse that has been offered a job with Sidra. My family and I are very excited of this wonderful opportunity. Since I see that Sidra is mentioned in this forum, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what it is like so far to work for Sidra? And what your experiences moving and living in Qatar has been like? And is Al Rayyan Oasis where Sidra workers stay for the duration of their trial period? Any insight is much appreciated. BAMsMom
Latest post on 10 July 2014 - 04:50
Elegance, sorry, I am assuming you are with Sidra. Did they not give you a welcome pack with information?? Like Dra I would love to hear your experience. I am also due to arrive at Al Rayyan Oasis, just impatiently waiting for visa!!
Latest post on 10 July 2014 - 04:22
Hi Dra & Elegance123 If you are part of Sidra then should have access to qatar foundation recreation centre in education city - fabulous pool there, I'm sure there would be lady sessions. Aspire also has a whole ladies section.
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 12:23
Hi Elegance123. I have been following your journey silently as we share some common grounds and must say, I have found your questions/ posts greatly beneficial. We would also be staying at Al Rayyan Oasis when we [u'>[u'>Finally[/u'>[/u'> move to Doha from UK. Glad to hear that your move has taken place before Ramadan. Hope everything went well. How is your First Ramadan in Doha? I know it's very hot there but at least the days are shorter compared to our 19-20 hrs fasts in Scotland!we are coping ok with the fasts though, including our teenagers as their schools are off. Is their a mosque close to the Compound? we thought we saw one on our site visit in June.Do you like living there and are there many families now? I was also going to enquire about the segregated swimming on arrival to Doha; Thanks PWB78 for the info. Sorry for asking too many questions but it's nice to hear from families with a first hand experience; makes things much easier for us as we then know what to expect! Finally, how long did it take for your husband's work visa? I know it also depends on individual's circumstances & the timing of the year but our employer is the same so might give us a clue. Good luck with settling in and look forward to meeting up with you once we are there.
Latest post on 08 July 2014 - 22:45
Hi - Try Hamad Aquatic Center at Aspire http://www.aspirezone.qa/Members/Activities.aspx#Zone.