Divorce during Ramadan query | ExpatWoman.com

Divorce during Ramadan query

Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 13:40

Hello. Please could someone tell me if it's correct that you cannot divorce as a Muslim in UAE during Ramadan. Even if proceedings have started and are due to be finalized. Thank you for your help. Regards.
<em>edited by fairwater on 09/07/2014</em>

Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 17:40
yes if divorce proceedings already started ... <em>edited by stylex1 on 09/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 16:58
[ I don't think this forum is the right place for these kind of questions, as none of us here are qualified to give certain information on the issue. Best is to contact Dubai Courts or the Fatwa line and get accurate information. None of us are qualified for lots of questions that are asked and answered here. Why is this question any different? And since some posters advice OP to check with Dubai courts her question has been answered hasn't it? She now knows where to go, something she probably didn't know or had thought of before she posted. Crikey, if we were only allowed to answer questions we are qualified for, the forum would be mighty quiet !! lol
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 16:43
[ I don't think this forum is the right place for these kind of questions, as none of us here are qualified to give certain information on the issue. Best is to contact Dubai Courts or the Fatwa line and get accurate information. [b'>None of us are qualified for lots of questions that are asked and answered here. Why is this question any different? And since some posters advice OP to check with Dubai courts her question has been answered hasn't it? She now knows where to go, something she probably didn't know or had thought of before she posted.[/b'> Your are right,
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 16:38
[ I don't think this forum is the right place for these kind of questions, as none of us here are qualified to give certain information on the issue. Best is to contact Dubai Courts or the Fatwa line and get accurate information. None of us are qualified for lots of questions that are asked and answered here. Why is this question any different? And since some posters advice OP to check with Dubai courts her question has been answered hasn't it? She now knows where to go, something she probably didn't know or had thought of before she posted.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 16:05
i have googled this and the only article about divorce in Ramadan is a newspaper article from Saudi.... which is banning divoces in Ramadan in Qatif - this would suggest that it is allowed... if that makes sense. http://www.themuslimtimes.org/2011/07/religion/islam/no-divorces-during-ramadan-in-qatif Yes that's all I could find as well that's why I asked on here. Thanks. I don't think this forum is the right place for these kind of questions, as none of us here are qualified to give certain information on the issue. Best is to contact Dubai Courts or the Fatwa line and get accurate information.
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 14:31
i have googled this and the only article about divorce in Ramadan is a newspaper article from Saudi.... which is banning divoces in Ramadan in Qatif - this would suggest that it is allowed... if that makes sense. http://www.themuslimtimes.org/2011/07/religion/islam/no-divorces-during-ramadan-in-qatif Yes that's all I could find as well that's why I asked on here. Thanks.
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 14:27
i have googled this and the only article about divorce in Ramadan is a newspaper article from Saudi.... which is banning divoces in Ramadan in Qatif - this would suggest that it is allowed... if that makes sense. http://www.themuslimtimes.org/2011/07/religion/islam/no-divorces-during-ramadan-in-qatif
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 14:21
Thats true under Islamic Law you cannot take divorce in Ramadan edited by Anum_Mujahid on 09/07/2014 Thank you.
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 14:17
Thats true under Islamic Law you cannot take divorce in Ramadan <em>edited by Anum_Mujahid on 09/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 09 July 2014 - 13:52
I dont think so... why do you ask? Check with Dubai Courts.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY