Cat Sitting ^.,.^ | ExpatWoman.com

Cat Sitting ^.,.^

Latest post on 11 July 2014 - 12:12

Hello!

Does anyone have a pet-sitter that they can recommend? I will be away end July/start August for a week or so and am looking for someone to feed, clean and say hi to an adorable little black cat.

Thanks!

Latest post on 10 September 2014 - 09:51
I agree with izzybella, it's no-ones fault if a dog is bitten by a snake in it's own garden, it's a tragedy, no-one should be accountable, as long as the sitter did all they could to save the pet (taking him to the vet immediately)... As for losing a pet, again, I am extremely careful with my patients, I assess the safety of a home before I take on a job & I assess the patient... That's the difference between neighbours using me (a qualified vet nurse with 18+ years experience) or using an agency who doesn't know the area, animal behaviour, the breed, veterinary medical knowledge...
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 20:02
I'm sorry but if my dog got bitten by a snake in my own backyard because someone else let them out, I wouldn't want that person to pay. It could have happened to me. I don't check my garden every time I let the mutts out - they're in and out all day. I think in that case the person looking after my dog would probably be just as devastated as I was. All I'd ask for a pet sitter is that they have access to a car and could drive the dog to the nearest vets if there's an emergency. Accidents happen. You have to be pretty heartless to blame someone and then ask them to pay for it.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 15:12
Not suggesting it would apply to the posters here but supposing the sitter makes off with your valuables..you won't be able to report the theft or claim on your insurance...
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 10:03
I do not have insurance here as it is more of a hobby for me than anything else. I do it for people I know or living locally to me. I do it for the love of the furries than as my 'job'. Insurance only covers things such as needing a locksmith in case of lost keys, damages etc... But TBH as long as your pet sitter is switched on & has a good eye for details & is careful there shouldn't be any need for insurance. Pet health expenses are always covered by the owners... So what if you are pet sitting and the dog escapes and is run over by car? You expect owner to pay for that? Or what about the dog that was let into back yard a few months ago and got bitten by a snake - reported in Gulf News. Things happen. If I was owner and that happened when my pet was being sitted for I would expect the sitter to pay. You might need insurance for those things.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 02:23
I am a veterinary nurse with 18+years experience in UK & Australia. I was always a pet-sitter for our veterinary clients in central London & although had insurance, never ever needed to use it. I now pet sit for people in Arabian Ranches. I do not have insurance here as it is more of a hobby for me than anything else. I do it for people I know or living locally to me. I do it for the love of the furries than as my 'job'. Insurance only covers things such as needing a locksmith in case of lost keys, damages etc... But TBH as long as your pet sitter is switched on & has a good eye for details & is careful there shouldn't be any need for insurance. Pet health expenses are always covered by the owners... I doubt you'd be able to get insurance for an unlicenced business anyway...
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 22:44
I am a veterinary nurse with 18+years experience in UK & Australia. I was always a pet-sitter for our veterinary clients in central London & although had insurance, never ever needed to use it. I now pet sit for people in Arabian Ranches. I do not have insurance here as it is more of a hobby for me than anything else. I do it for people I know or living locally to me. I do it for the love of the furries than as my 'job'. Insurance only covers things such as needing a locksmith in case of lost keys, damages etc... But TBH as long as your pet sitter is switched on & has a good eye for details & is careful there shouldn't be any need for insurance. Pet health expenses are always covered by the owners...
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 12:25
I am the other way round - the girl with not much brains doesn't like other cats (even the boys she hisses when they walk past her) and to put her in a cattery is just horrid - she spends the whole time hissing at teh other cats.... For our 2 weeks in October, we haven't any choice. They've always just had to put up with it and to be honest none of them seen any the worse for it and at least they can see what's going on around them all day.
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 12:24
I am the other way round - the girl with not much brains doesn't like other cats (even the boys she hisses when they walk past her) and to put her in a cattery is just horrid - she spends the whole time hissing at teh other cats....
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 12:20
We already have a pet proof house. If it wasn't for the Bengal I wouldn't be too worried, but he's bad enough being left while we're at work ;) I also just wouldn't feel safe leaving the house in someone else's hands for a couple of weeks. Our neighbours are great as they pop in almost every other day, just to check on it, but I wouldn't want them to have the responsibility of ensuring the cats didn't escape.
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 12:13
Most cats are ok with one visit a day... bearing in mind that they sleep upto 18 hours a day, most manage fine. Pet proof as in remove anything that is breakable - most notably potterly / glass so if there is an accident then paws dont get cut. I pet sat here for about 3 years and never once had to take a kittty to the vet, although have had to deal with water leaks. I leave my cats to pet sitters whenever i go away - although now have the dilema of do i lock the cat flap or not....
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 12:08
"Pet proof' for cats ??? Apart from removing everything, including the curtains, we wouldn't be able to do much else. They would be far too bored stuck in the house 24/7 with only a couple of visits a day.
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 12:02
I would be worried in case something happened to them in my house. Accident etc or if something was damaged / stolen and you had employed them illegally. I know most of them will be careful, but I would be constantly worried in case they didn't lock up properly or one of the cats got out and they couldn't get it back in while they were there. Your pet sitter should let you know what should bve done to "pet proof" your home while you are away.
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 11:40
Exactly. I wouldn't want anyone to be responsible for ours while we're away. I'd be forever worried in case they escaped or wrecked the house!!
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 11:33
I would be worried in case something happened to them in my house. Accident etc or if something was damaged / stolen and you had employed them illegally. I know most of them will be careful, but I would be constantly worried in case they didn't lock up properly or one of the cats got out and they couldn't get it back in while they were there. I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone's pet I looked after my friends cat earlier in the year and spent the entire time fretting she may of got out when I wasn't in? I constantly checked and double checked she was in the house :-)
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 11:25
I would be worried in case something happened to them in my house. Accident etc or if something was damaged / stolen and you had employed them illegally. I know most of them will be careful, but I would be constantly worried in case they didn't lock up properly or one of the cats got out and they couldn't get it back in while they were there.
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 11:20
Are these sitters licenced ? What happens if something goes wrong, are they insured ? Just asking... Just curious; what would they be insured for? Medical expenses? If your animal gets sick I would assume the costs would lie with you. When we have pet sitters I don't expect them to pay for any medical costs. We always leave money for emergencies.
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 08:58
So who is licensed Azaiba?
Latest post on 12 July 2014 - 21:57
No not licensed and no to insurance. Most who are on this website do pet sitting as a hobby. Do not use them firstly for the protection of your pets and secondly your residence.
Latest post on 12 July 2014 - 05:20
Are these sitters licenced ? What happens if something goes wrong, are they insured ? Just asking...
Latest post on 11 July 2014 - 21:53
Contact Clare Walker on Facebook. She offers a great service.
Latest post on 11 July 2014 - 21:27
I can recommend Kay. Contact her at info at 38smiles dot com. :)
Latest post on 11 July 2014 - 21:01
Critter Sitters Dubai - I've used them several times and I live in ranches - great people :)
Latest post on 11 July 2014 - 17:50
For the past 3 years we've used Dubai Pet Sitting (http://www.dubaipetsitting.com/home/aboutdubaipetsitting.html). We have 2 cats and Sabrina looks after them beautifully every time we go away.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY