Protein lunch ideas for toddler | ExpatWoman.com

Protein lunch ideas for toddler

Latest post on 14 July 2014 - 21:26

Any ideas what I can pack for lunch for a toddler, really need meat ideas?

Thanks

Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 13:14
Oh wow that is pretty strict. Good to know. Beef Jerky? Corn dogs?
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 16:42
FYI Many nurseries and schools have a NO NUTS policy (to accommodate kids with genuine nut allergies), so that eliminates all the peanut butter and nut butter snack suggestions. I don't offer any nut-based snacks at play dates/ kids parties/ class picnics because of the liability issues.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 14:37
My mom used to make ants on a log for me. Just to give you an idea for something that doesn't have meat in it but will still provide your kids with some protein. Its a celery stalk with peanut butter (or almond butter or sunflower or whatever you want) smeared down the middle and then you put raisins on top (the ants). Its a cute, healthy snack and its so good!
Latest post on 15 July 2014 - 11:21
Homemade fish fingers - slice of raw white fish e.g. Cream dory, kingfish, hammour, coated in beaten egg then coated in breadcrumbs and shallow fried. You can also do this with thin strips of chicken. Super easy and it keeps well....can also freeze. Fishcakes - basically mashed fish, potatoes and any vegetables that you want to get into your child. Bind with an egg, then cover in breadcrumbs and shallow fry. You can add herbs or spices if your child likes them, or to make a batch for the grown ups. Again, you could do similar with minced chicken. Meat sambousek/ cornish pasty - minced meat and a few veg cooked up then sealed in a ready-made pastry parcel.
Latest post on 14 July 2014 - 21:59
Mini sausages, Mini fritattas with cheese and sausage/bacon/diced chicken (baked in muffin tin for easy portioning), String cheese, Strips of beef/chicken baked or grilled (can be eaten hot or cold) with a little dip (ketchup, dijonnaise, ranch etc.) Boiled eggs/Egg Mayo, Turkey ham roll ups (roll a slice of cold cut around cream cheese/cheese string/sliced peppers/cucumbers), Nut butter and apple slices, Veggie sticks and houmous HTH
Latest post on 14 July 2014 - 21:30
Meatballs, cheese cubes, yogurt, salami, cabonossi, sliced chicken, mini quiches or zucchini slice, in a insulated bag with freezer bricks if they don't have a fridge.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY