Teenager in need of help | ExpatWoman.com

Teenager in need of help

Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 08:57
Another psychologist you might want to consider is Johanna Richmond, 050 345 8076. She has been very helpful for our family, including my 19 yr old daughter.
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 03:08
Sorry for the late reply, Thank you so much for your posts I really appreciate it, We re on holiday right now but I will definitely look into these two places when we get back, Notepad: we have moved her to a new school starting next term, we have nt informed them as yet, we were nt sure if it was a good idea or not as her previous school were aware of the situation & really did nothing to help, she was bullied over & over which is why we decided to move her, We re hoping this makes a difference but you might be right about letting them know too, I ll definitely talk it over with her, Thanks again xx
Latest post on 16 July 2014 - 21:28
I am so sorry that your step daughter is going through such a hard time at the moment. It is such great news that your step daughter is seeking help, and that you as a family are supporting her. I would definitely recommend finding a counsellor that she can trust and one who becomes a constant in her recovery. My daughter is a patient of the American Centre of Psychiatry and Neurology on the Jumeirah Beach Road - although she sees a Psycologist and not a psychiatrist. His name is Mario Aoun, and my daughter says that he 'gets it' - and although I never interfere, that is a good enough endorsement for me. You can choose who you see and you stay with that person. There is also no pressure to go weekly, fortnightly etc as the service is offered if and when your step daughter needs it. My girl has struggled from time to time, and I do not pretend to understand why, what I do know is that seeing a counsellor has been a tremendous help. Could I also suggest that you let her school know. Of course, your step daughter has to be in agreement, but it has been a great relief for us to know that a careful eye is always looking out for her welfare.
Latest post on 16 July 2014 - 20:27
Hi ladies, Could any of you recommend a good dr for a teenage girl? My step daughter is 13 & is having a lot of problems with mood swings, hurting herself & generally feeling really low, She is seeing a therapist but always sees a different dr every time her parents take her to the clinic, I thought it might be a good idea for her to see someone regularly, who she can trust, Do any of you have any ideas? Recommendation s for GP & therapists would be really helpfull, Thanks x Lifeworks in Al Wasl. Ive been there when I went through a rough patch and they helped me tremendously!
Latest post on 16 July 2014 - 18:21
Hi ladies, Could any of you recommend a good dr for a teenage girl? My step daughter is 13 & is having a lot of problems with mood swings, hurting herself & generally feeling really low, She is seeing a therapist but always sees a different dr every time her parents take her to the clinic, I thought it might be a good idea for her to see someone regularly, who she can trust, Do any of you have any ideas? Recommendation s for GP & therapists would be really helpfull, Thanks x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY