visa for african wife of a french citizen | ExpatWoman.com

visa for african wife of a french citizen

Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 03:14

Hello Ladies

Would you kindly assist with few questions.
My DH has been sent to Qatar by his company, he has been there for few days now. We have been told I need for him to get his RP before I can join him.
How long does it usually take to get a RP?

How is it for African wifes to get visas for Qatar since I have no embassy or consulate where we live? And how easy is it to get a visa as an African?

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance for the help[url=]link[/url]

Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 20:12
Also please note that your husband will need a few months bank statements (4-6 months) before he can sponsor you (or any children), and a rental agreement. Good luck with everything.
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 03:02
Hello Twinkles 78 Thanks a lot for the info provided.
Latest post on 05 August 2014 - 06:33
Hi Malice30, I am an African lady married to a Qatari. Just like you our marriage ceremony was in Africa. We got our married certificate first certified by Ministry of Foreign affairs in my country and then by UAE Embassy (in my country). Usually they have no issues with certified documents from embassies such as UAE, Saudi Arabia, UK and USA. Just get the documents certified first at the Ministry of Foreign affairs in your country. Good luck
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 11:03
Usually they will appoint a nearby embassy to do it - for example until recently there was no Qatari embassy in Australia and everything had to go through Indonesia. I suggest you speak to your husband's HR department about exactly what they require in order to get your visa.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 01:00
Than Mama5 for your reply, Thing is we got married in my home country in Africa where we live and there isn't any Qatar embassy or consular at all to have my marriage certificate attested. Can I have it certified just by authorities in my country? Is it a must to have marriage certificate certified by a Qatar embassy? Can you please advise Thank you very much
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 09:01
Hello malice30, visa processing is just the same as other nationalities so long as your marriage certificate is certified.