VISA CONFUSION :( | ExpatWoman.com

VISA CONFUSION :(

Latest post on 23 July 2014 - 11:26
eleanor your email bounced back.wrong address? edited by oz4 on 23/07/2014 email address: the email address I wrote is correct. Of course you have to replace _AT_ with @ and _DOT_ with . it is [email protected] may you give me yours, so that I try? unfortunately this forum does not allow private messages... thanks, I hope we can get in touch Eleonor
Latest post on 23 July 2014 - 03:48
eleanor your email bounced back.wrong address? <em>edited by oz4 on 23/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 15:45
dear, My husband is with QF too. we will live in ECCH compound near Education City if you want to email me, do it at eleonorabarca_AT_yahoo_DOT_it maybe it could be useful to stay in touch ciao. Eleonor --------------------------------- Thank you for all your replies. I have checked with HR and they said only need police clearance and degree A&A. My confusion stemmed from reading that other people were needing birth and marriage. I didn't realise there could be different rules for different organizations dealing with the same government entity! We are with QF. Thanks everyone for your advice :)
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 15:45
dear, My husband is with QF too. we will live in ECCH compound near Education City if you want to email me, do it at eleonorabarca_AT_yahoo_DOT_it maybe it could be useful to stay in touch ciao. Eleonor --------------------------------- Thank you for all your replies. I have checked with HR and they said only need police clearance and degree A&A. My confusion stemmed from reading that other people were needing birth and marriage. I didn't realise there could be different rules for different organizations dealing with the same government entity! We are with QF. Thanks everyone for your advice :)
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 09:47
I would do your marriage cert as well just to be extra safe
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 02:18
Thank you for all your replies. I have checked with HR and they said only need police clearance and degree A&A. My confusion stemmed from reading that other people were needing birth and marriage. I didn't realise there could be different rules for different organizations dealing with the same government entity! We are with QF. Thanks everyone for your advice :)
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 22:40
In addition to what MC said, there are often different rules for govt organisations (such as QF) than for everyone else - so your PRO/HR dept really needs to be the first point of contact
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 18:59
Also my husband employer (Qatar Foundation) apparently asked only for degrees and police certificate to be attested. Birth and marriage certificates only translated into English So I have the same doubts of yours. may be it depends from the employer. My husband, which is in Doha (I am still in Italy) keeps saying that it is fine, but I am not at ease as it will be very difficult to have those documents attested when we will be in Doha. who is your employer? if it is QF our information could be right.
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 17:54
Then you should be asking him, or the HR Dept Manager, via email or phone these questions. Some things may have to be completed before you leave your current location and can be more difficult to accomplish long distance. Asking us will get our opinions based on our experience, but you want clear and current and reliable answers, your employer or DH's employer should be providing those to you now. We do try to help, but we're not always aware of recent changes because they are almost never published and we find out the hard way.
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 16:07
Thanks Marycatherine. Im not in Doha yet. Im just going to do what I can then deal with the rest when I get there. Unfortunately nothing is very clear.
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 13:04
Your organization's PRO should be who you are asking. He's the one who will be dealing with the MoI etc. to get the residency permits etc. I strongly suggest you make an appointment with him, take your documents with you and go through each one individually to make sure you understand which need to be attested. You and your husband's birth certificates will not need to be attested - so far as I know, your childrens' will. Again, I am not the MoI - and they can (and sometimes do) change the rules without warning.
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 04:59
Can you please advise if you have had experience in getting RP Have been told by our doha organization that we only need to authenticate and attest (A&A) police clearance and highest degree, which we have done. But reading the posts I see that there may be a requirement for A&A of birth certificates and marriage certificate. Are there different requirements for different organizations? 1. Birth certificate for everyone? Mum & Dad? 2. Did everyone need to A&A marriage cert? 3. My children were born in different foreign countries than their passports and I was also married in a different country than my passport. This is a dilemma because I cant authenticate foreign documents where I am currently living :( Not sure what to do! Any advice?