Travelling to Australia Help Please..... | ExpatWoman.com

Travelling to Australia Help Please.....

Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 15:26

If travelling to Australia for holiday purpose on a British passport can anyone tell me what is needed / required other than the ticket purchase. Travel agents haven't said and now wondering if visas need to be required or forms filled in ahead...... A bit concerned incase things need yo be done? Thank you in advance for any help.

Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 19:13
Yes - Our sons filled in the eVisitor one on the government site last night and it was free of charge for their holiday length of stay. Always receive such great help from everyone. Thank you again.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 13:13
Nice one - good to know for next time! thx as always :)
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 12:57
eVisitor (visa class 651) is free and it lets you stay in AUS once for up to 3 months visa 601 costs AUD 20 and allows multiple entries within 1year
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 12:53
KH..no need to pay for visas to Oz. They are free if done through government site. There are some unscrupulous sites about which charge you for getting the visa but def free through the government site. are you sure? I thought I was using the official govt site and every time have had to pay a small processing fee, maybe $20 or something. last time was a couple of years ago now, so cant remember the exact amount. the eta link below (which I think is what I used before) also says $20... It's $20 for an ETA visa, you don't need that - you want the eVisitor visa which is free. http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/evisitor-online-applications.aspx <em>edited by FairyDust on 22/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 12:47
http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/IMMI_holiday_info_eng.html Def state free and I didn't pay earlier in the year. I just checked..def no service fee or application charge... It states clearly here http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/evisitor-online-applications.aspx <em>edited by Buddha on 22/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 12:43
KH..no need to pay for visas to Oz. They are free if done through government site. There are some unscrupulous sites about which charge you for getting the visa but def free through the government site. are you sure? I thought I was using the official govt site and every time have had to pay a small processing fee, maybe $20 or something. last time was a couple of years ago now, so cant remember the exact amount. the eta link below (which I think is what I used before) also says $20...
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 12:28
KH..no need to pay for visas to Oz. They are free if done through government site. There are some unscrupulous sites about which charge you for getting the visa but def free through the government site.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 12:08
Thank you everyone for your help and quick replies. The required details were all filled in on the website by our sons who will be holidaying there from next week and emailed through last night. Both receiving return emails of Grant Notices of visas applications being granted. Thank you again for all your help!
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 10:45
it's super easy - my DH and kids all have Aussie passports, I don't. last visit 'home' I totally forgot to apply for the my visa. DH asked me about 30 mins before we left for the airport if I'd sorted my visa out - panic stations! I filled out the form and paid online, by the time we got to check-in, the visa had been emailed to me. I wouldn't advise leaving it so late though - they say to allow a couple of days at least for turnaround after the application is submitted online.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 03:39
Electronic travel authority required. Available online here: https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETA/etas.jsp
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 19:12
All nationalities need a visa for Australia.
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 17:29
you will need to apply online for an eVisitor/ETA before you travel. This is checked by the airline when u check-in at the airport. Just google for more info. <em>edited by Cherry ripe on 21/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 16:32
if you're travelling with Emirates, give them a call. they assist passengers travelling to Australia on British passports with visas <em>edited by irish259 on 21/07/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY