Recommendations on a Jewellers to have a ring made... | ExpatWoman.com

Recommendations on a Jewellers to have a ring made...

Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 09:55

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a jewellers who create quality jewellery for a reasonable price? I went to Cara in the Gold and Diamond Park and really felt like they were ripping me off! Has anyone been to Cara and had a piece of jewellery made... what did you think of it?

Also - has anyone visited the Gold Souk in Diera? Any recommendations for a jewellers there?

Thanks! :)

Latest post on 23 July 2014 - 10:41
I've just had a fabulous ring done by Passion. It did cost me more than I expected. But it's beautiful. And before it was actually made they did me a wax model. I didn't know what to expect with that but as soon as I saw it, I could visualize the ring properly knowing I could confidently give the go ahead to proceed.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 15:40
Highly recommend Passion, Monali and Grace. The owners are a lovely couple and take time discussing things thoroughly with you before sending your order to be made. The wife is a stickler for perfection and will quality control every item before calling you to say it's ready! They really make the whole experience enjoyable and are very chatty and easy to get along with. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Can somebody please explain the thumbs down sign? I don't understand how you can get thumbs down on something that is your own opinion? TIA
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 14:34
Highly recommend Passion, Monali and Grace. The owners are a lovely couple and take time discussing things thoroughly with you before sending your order to be made. The wife is a stickler for perfection and will quality control every item before calling you to say it's ready! They really make the whole experience enjoyable and are very chatty and easy to get along with. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 13:45
I have had rings made at Cara and they were ok.....recently had 4 rings made at Glamour jewellers at the G&D park...very pleased with the quality and they followed my design to the letter.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 13:34
A few of the girls in my office use this guy named Riad Haddad. I met him the other day and he is a super friendly guy. You can whatsapp him a picture of the ring you want and he can make it for you. Or just give him a call and he can tell you more. I don't know how his quality or prices relate to others, but everybody in the office gives him rave reviews. his number is 0501445444
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 13:30
I have used dazzle and cara. Don't use dazzle, my engagement ring was too large and they cut a chunk out (tried to keep the extra gold) and after awhile the line became visible until it could actually be pulled apart. Cara have been fine, the quoted price is always more than what you end up paying they seem to over estimate and then make it cheap. 'Under promise over achieve' I've had no issues but friends that got rings with very small diamonds in the bands had problems with them falling out. Monali is supposed to be quiet good but I haven't used them myself. Congrats & good luck! edited by mannikat on 22/07/2014 Thanks Mannikat! The guy at Cara told me for the design I wanted to expect possibly the diamonds to fall out - so already I was not impressed. The diamonds I am looking at are 0.22 for each one so not small really... Im thinking they would come out if I went to Cara! Is Monali in the Gold and Diamond Park? I will take a look thank you :) Yep monali is in the gold and diamond park. This site is great for getting setting ideas if you need them! http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/sapphires/sapphire-settings/c-24-ring-settings/?metaltype=w14
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 13:20
GB, email me at my username here at gmail.com, I can help you with the ring :) :) <em>edited by simoralu44 on 22/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 13:08
A friend had an amazing ring made by Kalash in the G & D Park. It was a design by *******, she downloaded a picture off the net and they copied it. Also 4,000 dhs. cheaper than Cara. ETA - I did quote the name of the company whose design it was, but it was 'starred' out as it is the same as an insurance broker here!! <em>edited by amelia on 22/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 12:12
Just be aware that white gold doesn't exist in Dubai. Actually white gold doesn't exist ANYWHERE! There's no such thing. It's yellow gold mixed with silver coloured alloys and depending what that alloy is and how much is used, depends how 'silver' looking the ring is, but almost all of them are rhodium plated - even the one I had made in the UK is rhodium plated.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 12:08
Hi I have used Cara too. They have always been excellent.. Just be aware that white gold doesn't exist in Dubai. They dip yellow gold. This is fine if you are happy to have the ring dipped ( usually happy to do this for free periodically) the white does wear. Platinum isn't that much more expensive though, however in the UK it means that the value of your jewellery is always at least twice what you paid! Very happy with them... I deal with the owner or Prikash.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 11:54
Weird - I've had rings made in Cara's and they've always been very good. I have small diamonds in my wedding band and no one ever said anything about them falling out. The only one that fell out, was out my DH's ring but he dropped it on a hard surface and it's not held in by claws - they popped it back in. I always speak to Keiran. They always re-dip my rings for free as well. <em>edited by FairyDust on 22/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 11:43
We just had a beautiful ring made for our mother at GEMS Mart in gold and diamond park. It's the first shop on the left if you come in through the entrance across the carpark from Just kidding. He took a long time to help us design and choose the right stones. We went to several shops that day and he was the only one who didn't care if we wanted small or large stones. He treated us like we were spending hundreds of thousands when we weren't. Thank you will take a look in there! :)
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 11:39
Hi, Can anyone point me in the direction of a jewellers who create quality jewellery for a reasonable price? I went to Cara in the Gold and Diamond Park and really felt like they were ripping me off! Has anyone been to Cara and had a piece of jewellery made... what did you think of it? Also - has anyone visited the Gold Souk in Diera? Any recommendations for a jewellers there? Thanks! :) TBH I went to Cara and was not convinced either - sorry I don't have a recommendation though. PS if this is 'the' GB congratulations! :) If your referring to her off Dubai 92 - its not her! Sorry :) Plus she isnt even a 'proper' Geordie! I find her so irritatingly annoying... anyway back to rings and all things sparkly ha ;) Hate to hijack but what's a proper Geordie?
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 11:24
We just had a beautiful ring made for our mother at GEMS Mart in gold and diamond park. It's the first shop on the left if you come in through the entrance across the carpark from Just kidding. He took a long time to help us design and choose the right stones. We went to several shops that day and he was the only one who didn't care if we wanted small or large stones. He treated us like we were spending hundreds of thousands when we weren't.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 11:19
I have used dazzle and cara. Don't use dazzle, my engagement ring was too large and they cut a chunk out (tried to keep the extra gold) and after awhile the line became visible until it could actually be pulled apart. Cara have been fine, the quoted price is always more than what you end up paying they seem to over estimate and then make it cheap. 'Under promise over achieve' I've had no issues but friends that got rings with very small diamonds in the bands had problems with them falling out. Monali is supposed to be quiet good but I haven't used them myself. Congrats & good luck! edited by mannikat on 22/07/2014 Thanks Mannikat! The guy at Cara told me for the design I wanted to expect possibly the diamonds to fall out - so already I was not impressed. The diamonds I am looking at are 0.22 for each one so not small really... Im thinking they would come out if I went to Cara! Is Monali in the Gold and Diamond Park? I will take a look thank you :)
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 11:17
Hi, Can anyone point me in the direction of a jewellers who create quality jewellery for a reasonable price? I went to Cara in the Gold and Diamond Park and really felt like they were ripping me off! Has anyone been to Cara and had a piece of jewellery made... what did you think of it? Also - has anyone visited the Gold Souk in Diera? Any recommendations for a jewellers there? Thanks! :) TBH I went to Cara and was not convinced either - sorry I don't have a recommendation though. PS if this is 'the' GB congratulations! :) If your referring to her off Dubai 92 - its not her! Sorry :) Plus she isnt even a 'proper' Geordie! I find her so irritatingly annoying... anyway back to rings and all things sparkly ha ;)
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 10:44
I go to Calash in the gold and diamond park and am always happy them ?
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 10:28
I have used dazzle and cara. Don't use dazzle, my engagement ring was too large and they cut a chunk out (tried to keep the extra gold) and after awhile the line became visible until it could actually be pulled apart. Cara have been fine, the quoted price is always more than what you end up paying they seem to over estimate and then make it cheap. 'Under promise over achieve' I've had no issues but friends that got rings with very small diamonds in the bands had problems with them falling out. Monali is supposed to be quiet good but I haven't used them myself. Congrats & good luck! <em>edited by mannikat on 22/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 10:08
Hi, Can anyone point me in the direction of a jewellers who create quality jewellery for a reasonable price? I went to Cara in the Gold and Diamond Park and really felt like they were ripping me off! Has anyone been to Cara and had a piece of jewellery made... what did you think of it? Also - has anyone visited the Gold Souk in Diera? Any recommendations for a jewellers there? Thanks! :) TBH I went to Cara and was not convinced either - sorry I don't have a recommendation though. PS if this is 'the' GB congratulations! :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY