Filling & Toothache | ExpatWoman.com

Filling & Toothache

Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 00:52

I had very small cavities in 6 teeth and thought of doing filling as advised in my last visit to dentist.
On Sunday I got 4 fillings done. I was not told if I will feel any discomfort or pain. Since that day, I am having severe sensitivity in all the cavity filled teeth. I can't chew on that side at all neither can eat anything cold. I had an other appointment for filling on the other side but I canceled that due to this pain.

When I asked the dentist, she said Its not normal & I might need to do root canal because its due to deep cavity. I highly doubt that she grinded my teeth too deep. She didn't bother even checking my teeth again. Advising root canal, Its such a rubbish, I didn't have pain at all or sensitivity in any of my teeth earlier to fillings. I don't know what to do as eid holidays are coming and clinic will be closed for 4 days. I am trying to speak to dentist and she is no more answering my phone. I am so angry. I have paid huge amount to get this done. Is there any place where I can make a complaint for them?

Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 13:59
Why don't you go to another dentist for a second opinion? I would recommend my dentist but he is away until the 4th August. Dr. Madhu in Karama is highly recommended on here.
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 01:13
I had very small cavities in 6 teeth and thought of doing filling as advised in my last visit to dentist. On Sunday I got 4 fillings done. I was not told if I will feel any discomfort or pain. Since that day, I am having severe sensitivity in all the cavity filled teeth. I can't chew on that side at all neither can eat anything cold. I had an other appointment for filling on the other side but I canceled that due to this pain. When I asked the dentist, she said Its not normal & I might need to do root canal because its due to deep cavity. I highly doubt that she grinded my teeth too deep. She didn't bother even checking my teeth again. Advising root canal, Its such a rubbish, I didn't have pain at all or sensitivity in any of my teeth earlier to fillings. I don't know what to do as eid holidays are coming and clinic will be closed for 4 days. I am trying to speak to dentist and she is no more answering my phone. I am so angry. I have paid huge amount to get this done. Is there any place where I can make a complaint for them? I had a similar situation last year and i got compensated by the doctor after filing a case, you can contact Dubai Health authority Customer Care, Hotline Service : 800342 Good luck ! Make sure you keep all documents safe (receipts and prescriptions (if applicable)) What compensation did you get? I m so depressed to think I"ve lost my natural teeth. <em>edited by smartee on 25/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 01:04
I had very small cavities in 6 teeth and thought of doing filling as advised in my last visit to dentist. On Sunday I got 4 fillings done. I was not told if I will feel any discomfort or pain. Since that day, I am having severe sensitivity in all the cavity filled teeth. I can't chew on that side at all neither can eat anything cold. I had an other appointment for filling on the other side but I canceled that due to this pain. When I asked the dentist, she said Its not normal & I might need to do root canal because its due to deep cavity. I highly doubt that she grinded my teeth too deep. She didn't bother even checking my teeth again. Advising root canal, Its such a rubbish, I didn't have pain at all or sensitivity in any of my teeth earlier to fillings. I don't know what to do as eid holidays are coming and clinic will be closed for 4 days. I am trying to speak to dentist and she is no more answering my phone. I am so angry. I have paid huge amount to get this done. Is there any place where I can make a complaint for them? I had a similar situation last year and i got compensated by the doctor after filing a case, you can contact Dubai Health authority Customer Care, Hotline Service : 800342 Good luck ! Make sure you keep all documents safe (receipts and prescriptions (if applicable))
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 01:02
I had very small cavities in 6 teeth and thought of doing filling as advised in my last visit to dentist. On Sunday I got 4 fillings done. I was not told if I will feel any discomfort or pain. Since that day, I am having severe sensitivity in all the cavity filled teeth. I can't chew on that side at all neither can eat anything cold. I had an other appointment for filling on the other side but I canceled that due to this pain. When I asked the dentist, she said Its not normal & I might need to do root canal because its due to deep cavity. I highly doubt that she grinded my teeth too deep. She didn't bother even checking my teeth again. Advising root canal, Its such a rubbish, I didn't have pain at all or sensitivity in any of my teeth earlier to fillings. I don't know what to do as eid holidays are coming and clinic will be closed for 4 days. I am trying to speak to dentist and she is no more answering my phone. I am so angry. I have paid huge amount to get this done. Is there any place where I can make a complaint for them? I had a similar situation last year and i got compensated by the doctor after filing a case, you can contact Dubai Health authority Customer Care, Hotline Service : 800342 Good luck !

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY