missing this forum too much :( | ExpatWoman.com

missing this forum too much :(

Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 04:03

moved to canada 2 months back for few months and i am missing this type of forum here too much...no advice or info if you need any. after coming here i realised how much i depended on EW for getting answers quickly :)
<em>edited by angel joy on 25/07/2014</em>

Latest post on 04 August 2014 - 12:27
Yes, but nothing beats being able to talk to 'real' (mostly !! lol) people who can give personal recommendations...that's what forums do best... True! :)
Latest post on 04 August 2014 - 12:13
Ladies, Just wanted to point this out, in case you're feeling anxious about learning to settle in a new country - forums like this are a great tool and source of support, but while you wait for members to join the new forum, don't forget that information is much more accessible outside of Dubai, especially in North America! Pretty much any information you could need is readily available online. Doctor recommendations can be found on specialized sites with thousands of honest reviews (where you can search based on specialty, insurance, patient ratings, location, etc); product reviews are easily accessible; any item you need to purchase, can be found via online store/product locators (just enter zip or city) or simply ordered directly; driving directions are all clear and easy with GPS (and street names!); gov’t processes are clearly outlined and paperwork can be found (and often completed & submitted) online.. these are just few examples, but pretty much all you need, in terms of information, is already there and available! Yes, but nothing beats being able to talk to 'real' (mostly !! lol) people who can give personal recommendations...that's what forums do best...
Latest post on 04 August 2014 - 11:48
Ladies, Just wanted to point this out, in case you're feeling anxious about learning to settle in a new country - forums like this are a great tool and source of support, but while you wait for members to join the new forum, don't forget that information is much more accessible outside of Dubai, especially in North America! Pretty much any information you could need is readily available online. Doctor recommendations can be found on specialized sites with thousands of honest reviews (where you can search based on specialty, insurance, patient ratings, location, etc); product reviews are easily accessible; any item you need to purchase, can be found via online store/product locators (just enter zip or city) or simply ordered directly; driving directions are all clear and easy with GPS (and street names!); gov’t processes are clearly outlined and paperwork can be found (and often completed & submitted) online.. these are just few examples, but pretty much all you need, in terms of information, is already there and available!
Latest post on 04 August 2014 - 11:24
Yay! Thanks Admin :)
Latest post on 04 August 2014 - 11:23
HI Angel Joy, We've set the Canada forum up for you here http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/forum59-canada.aspx We'll get populating it now too! Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 15:27
Hi there, Thanks for the compliment. You might not have noticed but we are launching forums for other countries as well as new full websites... We'll fast track the Canada forum and get it launched for you and get it launched within the next week for you. Will let you know when it's done. Warm regards, EWAdmin
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 07:32
Whereabouts in Canada are you? I'm in Canada right now, permanently in a year from now. I'm also wondering where I'll get all my info from.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY