has anyone travelled to SAfrica recently with kids | ExpatWoman.com

has anyone travelled to SAfrica recently with kids

Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 16:17

and had to show original birth certificates at immigration? I really don't want to have to carry 3 originals with me if I don't have to.

Latest post on 26 July 2014 - 21:18
We arrived back in SA 3 weeks ago. No extra documentation was required.
Latest post on 26 July 2014 - 14:57
Thanks KH, I have birth certificates with me, but not unabridged, and no parental consent! We're joining Daddy who is there already, and we all have SA residency visas in our passports. Hoping they won't turn us away at check-in!
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 18:56
Scribs - From the FCO travel advisory website (UK). As we'll be back before Oct 1, I don't think we need them. DH winging about taking them in case they get lost/ damaged. 'don't they know you have to submit original birth certificates in order to get a passport? so it's redundant to ask to see both?' With effect from 1 October 2014, parents travelling with children into or out of South Africa may be asked to show the child’s full birth certificate, and where only one parent is accompanying, proof of parental or legal authority to travel with the child. See Entry requirements
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 16:56
When are you travelling? I'm flying with mine on Monday and have their birth certificates at the ready. I can let you know afterwards unless you're flying before me! we're flying tomorrow morning...i guess we'll have to take them.
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 16:48
The laws in South Africa have changed regarding visas etc. Maybe this news article will make it more clear for you: http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2014/06/10/travel-alert-for-parents
Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 16:34
When are you travelling? I'm flying with mine on Monday and have their birth certificates at the ready. I can let you know afterwards unless you're flying before me!