Renewal of driving license | ExpatWoman.com

Renewal of driving license

Latest post on 25 July 2014 - 17:01

Hello,

Hubby's driving licences is due for renewal (10 years in Dubai). Has anyone renewed thier's lately and can give us an idea on what documents are needed?

Thanks,

Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 11:03
I did it last July 16th at Al Manara Municipality: -Bring your original DL, Emirates ID, passport + visa page copy -Go and pay for the eye test where the result copy will be handed over to you, there's a sign to follow the location of the eye test -Get a number for RTA -Renewal will be processed after payment and the photo for the DL is taken automatically from your Emirates ID photo in the database -Wait for the new license The whole process took me 45 mins but there were 20 people ahead of me. It's so easy and quite efficient. Thank you so much for this. Very helpful! <em>edited by RH1977 on 29/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 21:25
I did it last July 16th at Al Manara Municipality: -Bring your original DL, Emirates ID, passport + visa page copy -Go and pay for the eye test where the result copy will be handed over to you, there's a sign to follow the location of the eye test -Get a number for RTA -Renewal will be processed after payment and the photo for the DL is taken automatically from your Emirates ID photo in the database -Wait for the new license The whole process took me 45 mins but there were 20 people ahead of me. It's so easy and quite efficient.
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 12:33
Thanks a lot ladies :)
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 10:35
I did it in January. I can't remember what documents were required but what I can tell you is that I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient it was. I was in and out of there in less than 30 minutes. I recommend that you go to the one in Al Twar so you can have the eye test done on the spot. Lucky you! TWO hours it took to do mine as they were sooooooo slow and people kept jumping the queue, until one attendant realised I'd been sat there patiently waiting for ages and pulled me forward. pffffff That's strange. They must do things differently in different branches because where I went, there was no line. You just have to take a number so no cutting in line would be able to happen.
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 10:21
Here's an article about how to do it... http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_driving_in_dubai_Dubai_Driving_Licence_Renewal_9059.aspx HTH
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 10:08
1. Take Passport/Visa, old DL and a passport photo 2. Visit one of the Opticians which is linked to RTA (Grand, Prime, etc - list on RTA website) 3. have eye test, pay AED 130 4. Test result is uploaded to RTA by optician 5. You'll receive SMS within one hour telling you to collect new license from RTA. :) ETA - I think some of the opticians also have the ability to print the new license but I have not seen it. <em>edited by Tattie Bogle on 28/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 09:43
I did it in January. I can't remember what documents were required but what I can tell you is that I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient it was. I was in and out of there in less than 30 minutes. I recommend that you go to the one in Al Twar so you can have the eye test done on the spot. Lucky you! TWO hours it took to do mine as they were sooooooo slow and people kept jumping the queue, until one attendant realised I'd been sat there patiently waiting for ages and pulled me forward. pffffff
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 09:31
I did it in January. I can't remember what documents were required but what I can tell you is that I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient it was. I was in and out of there in less than 30 minutes. I recommend that you go to the one in Al Twar so you can have the eye test done on the spot.
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 22:57
I heard it can be renewed online now, unfortunately don't know anyone who's actually done it. This turned up on google. You may have seen it already but if not, maybe it helps :) http://www.rta.ae/wps/portal/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDA9NgnzALbwsXA2ejMD_DgEAzAwjQD07N0y_IdlQEABxI2kw!/?locale.switch=true

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY