Ninja Blender | ExpatWoman.com

Ninja Blender

Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 02:47
Thanks for the reply RuthM! Seems like there aren't too many Americans on this forum so I appreciate all your help! :) I looked at AmazonUK and didn't see a Ninja specifically :( I'm not familiar with british brands to find something comparable to a Ninja. The top brands in UK would probably be Magimix and KitchenAid. You can also consider Kenwood and maybe Waring My KitchenAid blends anything, chops/crushes ice no problem. The Magimix I bought my mum (bit of a Homer present I am visiting and wanted a decent blender!) is great the really useful thing is it has preset functions so you can just press a button and leave it going. I make smoothies with it and start on the ice function to crush the ice, then throw in the smoothie ingredients and leave it for a few mins, come back and it's done. The Magimix has a 1200W motor and 1.8L jug the KitchenAid only 550W with a 1.5L jug. Sorry I don't know much else about the specs. Hope you manage to find something you're happy with. <em>edited by RuthM on 30/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 01:24
I've had one bad and pricey past experience involving a Krups toaster oven from the States and a voltage converter. I decided from that point that I would buy 220v gadgets for use in Dubai. (Some forum users alerted me to johnlewis.co.uk and Amazon uk as having better prices on domestic electrical appliances, if you can convince someone you know to bring the items to you in Dubai.) The other blenders comparable to, and possibly of superior construction to, Ninja are Blendtec, Vitamix and Omega, all of which are also available in 220v, and all of which you can buy locally in Dubai. Personally I use the blenders attached to the basic Kenwood food processor and the Kenwood Titanium Chef stand-mixer. The blender attached to the Titanium Chef is powerful, I use it to make nut-based salad dressings.
Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 18:45
Thanks for the reply RuthM! Seems like there aren't too many Americans on this forum so I appreciate all your help! :) I looked at AmazonUK and didn't see a Ninja specifically :( I'm not familiar with british brands to find something comparable to a Ninja.
Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 00:51
Can you not get a UK spec one which will be right voltage? I just bought my mum a Magimix blender, I have a KitchenAid in Dubai which I love, and hate to say the Magimix is better than my KitchenAid :-(
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 21:52
Has anyone brought over a Ninja Blender from the States and successfuly used it with a convertor? My kitchen aid's motor/power has suffered a lot from the convertor and I don't want to spend the money or hassle on a Ninja if its the same way.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY