TRX and LONDON question: URGENt | ExpatWoman.com

TRX and LONDON question: URGENt

Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 19:23

Ladies I'm leaving for holiday to London and trying to decide if I should take my TRX suspension bands along for workouts or no. I'm staying at someone's place. The question is: are bedroom doors strong enough to use TRX bands on?

Leaving in a few hours, response from people who have lived and used TRX in London will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 08:51
Hardly urgent! Why would you not ask who you are staying with this question and their permission to use such equipment? I would be furious if a house guest started attaching equipment to areas of my house without asking first.
Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 00:26
Our London house is 1930s and I'm pretty sure the doors would be fine. Old UK houses are quite well built. My flat is brand new and would be fine as well I expect. But I always use mine on the new uPVC back door as it is lockable in case anyone tries to open it! Otherwise are others have said, take it to the park with an extender and use a tree or kiddies playground?
Latest post on 29 July 2014 - 00:04
I tend to find a kids play park and loop it over the swing metal pole that swings are suspended from.
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 20:00
Hmm Thanks girls!
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 19:57
Depends on the house. I'd bring it anyway. Like Livelytrish said, better to take TRX to park if possible. You can use it around trees, benches and on monkey bars in playground.
Latest post on 28 July 2014 - 19:53
Houses in London are not the Springs ie straight out of a cookie cutter plan. It is a very large city with buildings of many different ages and building codes. I suggest you ask the people with whom you are staying as to the structural integrity of the building, or perhaps take a run in the park instead. The latter might prove the most diplomatic choice, and make for a happier visit for everyone.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY