Marriage recognised in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Marriage recognised in Dubai

Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 15:22
You can get this done after you get here, my DH's company PRO sorted it out for us after we got married. (Took DH a full year to get around to it!) If your DH has got a job the company PRO can assist he will know exactly what to do. Ours cert went to the irish embassy in AD for stamping yours will need to be stamped in the Cypriot embassy i guess. Then at least two other offices before we got it back attested. It only took a few days. I'm sure we had to provide passport photos as well. You will need tonnes for Dubai anyway so get plenty!
Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 13:10
thanks ladies prob going to just email the town hall in cyprus and see if they can tell me whats the first step. really hoping it is just bad advice couldnt be dealing with another stress. packing ur life into a couple of suitcases is stressful enough! ;)
Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 13:10
additionally, as Fairy Dust said, Cyprus is the go to place for quickie marriages for people from Dubai simply because it is so much easier - so the authorities there should have/or will advise you on what you need to do.
Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 13:07
Hi - all marriage certs from any place need to be attested by UAE authorities before they can be recognized and used here. I advise you to contact the official or hotel were you were married and ask them to arrange or advise on this for you as they will be well experienced in this. I am not sure if Cyprus has a UAE embassy so you had better talk to the authorities there to find out. Normally for any country you have to follow this procedure in this order: Stamped by Public Notary or Solicitor in country of origin Stamped by Foreign Affairs (or equivalent) in country of origin Stamped by UAE embassy in country of origin Stamped by Foreign Affairs in Dubai
Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 13:06
Weird as Cyprus is the go-to place for quickie marriages for people living in Dubai. They've never had issues. I think you need to get it attested though. Sounds like someone is giving you bad advice.
Latest post on 30 July 2014 - 12:55
ive just been informed by someone that my marriage certificate may not be recognised in Dubai. We are irish but we got married in Cyprus and its recognised here. Does anyone know anything about this or can someone point me in the right direction of a website that can clarify it?? would like to get this sorted before we head over in August. TIA :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY