Fitness before work | ExpatWoman.com

Fitness before work

Latest post on 31 July 2014 - 00:16

Hello ladies!

Who is with me on doing cardio workout before work in the morning?

I just prefer having that one thing done with and the evening for my life :)

I haven't really found easy options in the Marina area yet. Pls let me know in case you have suggestions.

Let's start the revolution in dubai!!!

Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 15:39
I run outside on the marina every morning and the temperature is lovely now, especially with a little breeze. I highly recommend! The fitness classes on The Beach are run by Original Fitness in the mornings at 6am and in the evening too, although I'm not sure if they've restarted after the summer yet. There is also outdoor yoga classes down there. Well worth having a look or signing up to The Beach Dubai on Facebook. FFx
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 15:25
OP, I don't know how long it's been since you've run outside, but I have finally crept out of the woodwork for morning runs again and it's not bad. Past 3 months, no way. But now, not bad between 6:30 am and even 9 am for a couple-a-3k. That new area "The Beach" has a padded running/walking trail with some exercise machines alongside. I never feel suffocated running down there by the water. Too, I have seen an advertisement on the Cinema screen at The Beach for a month long training program for 500 aed. I cannot remember the name of the program or website, but I have seen groups training on the grassy areas near The Counter and Eggspectation. Maybe that's it.
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 13:50
Why not go for a run on the Marina promenade (is that what it is called - the paving that goes in front of Marina mall / pier 5 and around the water) Unfortunatley as i have to be at work at 7 am there is no way i can do exercise before work - unless it is reps of coffee from table to mouth ;)
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 13:50
Why not go for a run on the Marina promenade (is that what it is called - the paving that goes in front of Marina mall / pier 5 and around the water) Unfortunatley as i have to be at work at 7 am there is no way i can do exercise before work - unless it is reps of coffee from table to mouth ;)
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 13:30
Dear kalkoul99, There’s an awesome gym in dubai marina which you may have already ran by. It’s called Tribefit. Their timetable is always full and they have morning classes every day of the week. You can choose from a variety of classes from weight training to cardio plus they’re more of a community so you’ll feel right at home. See u there! XO
Latest post on 06 August 2014 - 09:01
There are a few places like Capella Club and TribeFit that offer morning workouts in that area, so does Real Pilates in JLT. Thank you pmd, I will be trying Capella Club soon with their Groupn vouchers. Tribefit and Fidelity fitness suggested here require expensive memberships to start sadly :(
Latest post on 06 August 2014 - 09:00
Try SMART Fitness in JLT. They do stuff in the mornings too. Figure if 8 for ladies only at 6:30 plus Blueprint as well. Pretty friendly gym too. Thanks a lot SH12, that was very helpful, the 8 week programme is 24 classes, worth AED 2000. Will think about it :) A run on the Marina is a great idea ladies, I used to do it myself too but the heat really puts me off!!
Latest post on 04 August 2014 - 10:24
I too will be using these suggestions thank you ladies A run on the walk is doing it for me for now, much less complicated but not very social i think.
Latest post on 03 August 2014 - 17:08
These are great recommendations ladies! thank you :)
Latest post on 02 August 2014 - 19:34
Tribe has a good timetable, but you have to be a member before you can avail any classes. I fear I may not be anywhere near as fit as you, but I am of the same mentality and prefer to workout in the morning! I've been running just round and about the marina area for 20/30 mins if you fancy that?
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 14:04
Try SMART Fitness in JLT. They do stuff in the mornings too. Figure if 8 for ladies only at 6:30 plus Blueprint as well. Pretty friendly gym too.
Latest post on 31 July 2014 - 16:18
Great thread. There's also Fidelity Fitness http://www.fidelityfitnessclub.com/fitness/group-exercise though the timetable doesn't seem to be showing for some reason.
Latest post on 31 July 2014 - 14:35
There are a few places like Capella Club and TribeFit that offer morning workouts in that area, so does Real Pilates in JLT.
Latest post on 31 July 2014 - 13:18
Hi ij20, You have loads of options for the evenings in that area.. lots of Zumba classes and Body pump etc too. Morning classes are very hard to find. I am surprised that more people don't prefer morning workouts esp with the long working hours here :p Thank you! :)
Latest post on 31 July 2014 - 12:08
Hi ij20, You have loads of options for the evenings in that area.. lots of Zumba classes and Body pump etc too. Morning classes are very hard to find. I am surprised that more people don't prefer morning workouts esp with the long working hours here :p
Latest post on 31 July 2014 - 10:20
I'd really like some suggestions too, for the Marina/JLT area. But, I'd prefer something in the evening. Any suggestions ladies?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY