Pound Sterling-AED exchange | ExpatWoman.com

Pound Sterling-AED exchange

Latest post on 03 August 2014 - 11:32
I always exchange money here, we don't get charges added and the rate is better.
Latest post on 03 August 2014 - 11:14
Normally when I go back home I just Take Enough AED and give it to my dad or family members and avoid using the banks or exchanges as they give a higher rate. As when they come to Dubai they need Dhirhams as well so we Just exchange currencies that way no one loose out.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 19:47
Thanks very much for your input ladies, I think I will withdraw money here and exchange here.
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 17:29
We always withdrawal money and exchange the Dirhams here into the currency of the country we intend to travel to. Have never exchanged at the country of destination.
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 15:15
Have always got better rates from here - currently UK exchange 6.57 aed - £1 al ansari Dubai offering 6.30 aed - £1.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 14:49
So you exchange your dirhams into pounds here in UAE Dally? I always thought it's better to exchange in the country of arrival. Might give it a try though, thanks very much :)
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 14:23
I usually draw the money out here in Dubai and change into sterling, the rate is usually better here than in UK. I don't know what the banks from here charge when withdrawing money abroad but on past experience with UK banks using ATMs abroad they charge quite a substantial surcharge so I usually avoid doing so.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 13:15
Yep a controversial question like this deserves a thumbs down...
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 11:57
For the ladies from the UK or the ladies that travel there regularly; I have in previous visits just taken money out of the ATM when needed, but I am wondering if it's cheaper to withdraw the amount of cash I budgeted for and exchange when arriving in the UK (not the airport offices of course) What is a cheaper option? The withdraw cash and exchange later option or just withdrawing a bigger chunk of money from a UK ATM and make sure I withdraw only once maybe? What are your suggestions? TIA :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY