Meeting other mums to be | ExpatWoman.com

Meeting other mums to be

Latest post on 02 August 2014 - 07:08

Hi ladies I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I'm very excited but a bit concerned as I don't know any other mums or expectant mums. I'm 30 and up to now a bit of a party and career girl so my circle of friends is a bit lacking in this area. Is it easy to meet other ladies in Dubai who are pregnant or when baby comes will it be a lot easier? I feel very clueless about the pregnancy social scene lol. Back home in the uk I have so many friends with kids but husband and I love life in Dubai and really want to stay here when our baby comes.

Any advice appreciated xx

Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 13:29
Hi there i am 31 weeks pregnant, due October 19. I live in the Marina and would def be interested in joining for a coffee. I too am in a similar siluation - i'm the first of my firends out here to have a baby so would love to meet some women who are expecting/already have little ones. I'm free to meet Wednesday eve. I too still work so weekends and evenings are def best.
Latest post on 09 August 2014 - 15:09
I'm going away on Tuesday for 10 days (babymoon yay!) but am up for joining the group before or after that
Latest post on 08 August 2014 - 17:22
Hi Ladies Well I did the class this morning and enjoyed it, I'm going to give the Sunday 630pm class at favourite things a go too if anyone wants to join me? Coffee mate, I am on the British mums fb page too and also don't work but have my 5 year old off school for the summer at the moment. Does anyone want to meet on Wednesday evening for a coffee?
Latest post on 08 August 2014 - 17:03
Don't wait! It's been such a valuable source of advice and help to me as a FTM. I've learnt so much from the ladies on there and it's made me feel much calmer and prepared for what's to come!
Latest post on 08 August 2014 - 16:41
Don't think I qualify as a 'mum' until the bump is a bundle, maybe I'll look into it after the delivery
Latest post on 08 August 2014 - 11:53
Are any of you in the British Mum's Dubai group on FB? I don't work anymore so free anytime
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 22:25
Hi, I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with my 1st & only working part-time. As most of my girly friends here are from my single party days (now a distant memory) I'd be keen to meet some local mums-to-be. I've been swimming at the dubai ladies club (for convenience rather than the ladies only factor) so not up for classes but I'd like to meet for coffee in a mall too :)
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 18:32
Oh sandgrounder that sounds great I'm up for pregnancy exercise classes but my sister arrives at midnight tonight so don't think tomorrow is realistic for me. Evening classes work for me, have you got a timetable. Happy to meet at any of the malls for a coffee or something at weekend or evenings? X
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 13:16
I am happy to go to one of the evening classes too, it would be nice to go with someone. When and where do you ladies want to meet for a coffee? Shame it's not a glass of grape but guess that will have to wait ;)
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 11:43
I'm in DSO but happy to drive anywhere. I've actually got a couple of Urban Energy sessions left n my package, but I fear 9am on a Friday maybe a tad optimistic for me!
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 11:42
Hi Ladies, Our summer coffee mornings welcome all ladies so please feel free to attend and you can meet other bumps. The regular coffee mornings will resume in September. Keep an eye out on our [url=http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx#MumsGroup'>events section[/url'> for regular updates. We look forward to seeing you at our coffee mornings. EW Admin
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 11:31
I'm free to meet up at the weekends. I live on the springs but happy to meet at a mall. I am also going to give the urban energy pregnancy exercise class a go, it's on tomorrow (Friday) at 9am in the star international school if you fancy joining me?
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 07:47
Aaww ladies sounds fab. I had a look at the meet ups but they're all during the week when I'm at work, couldn't see any for the weekends! My friend is always going on Tinder dates, I feel like this is my mum to be equivalent lol. Where do you girls live? Xx <em>edited by Cosmogirl on 07/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 06 August 2014 - 10:15
Hi ladies, hope you're feeling well. I'm also a FTM but a bit further along at 35 weeks. I was hoping to go to a Bumps & Babes meeting but it appears there aren't any scheduled in August (and I'm due Sept 10). Would Admin consider running one? There are clearly some 'bumps on board'! If not, perhaps I could join you?
Latest post on 06 August 2014 - 08:29
Hi Cosmogirl. I was the same when I had my first child, she's 5 now. I went to the bumps and babes coffee morning and made some nice friends through there. I am 19 weeks with my second now, I'm happy to meet up with you if you fancy it?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY