kitchen renovation advice please - glass backsplash | ExpatWoman.com

kitchen renovation advice please - glass backsplash

Latest post on 04 August 2014 - 17:42

Dear ladies,
We are getting a new Ikea kitchen put in and I remember reading on here someone had a glass backsplash put in. I would love one of those ...just haven't seen any in the usual kitchen/tile shops. Where could I get me one of those please? Also any recommendations on where to source the granite top for the kitchen would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Latest post on 06 September 2015 - 21:09
My father has a kitchen company, davidraedesigns dot ae he may be able to help! X
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 11:54
Thanks so much Gladys..I finally managed to contact Pyramid through an online form on some random website that lists contractors ...surprisingly prompt. They are coming in to measure tomorrow so fingers crossed! Thanks again x Hi nnair, could you please provide me with the contact details of Pyramid glass? I have been hitting a dead end every direction I go!
Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 19:45
We used Corian for the countertops. It can be moulded and is seamless so great for different designs. It's the most expensive option thought. Google Batimat as they supply and fit it.
Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 17:59
it might be a bit late but you can try sun studio on sheikh zayed road next to mazaya centre, they print on glass and they are experienced in kitchen backsplash, i tried them and mine looks amazing :)
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 12:26
Hi..no we just used whoever was there at the time of our appointment. It was a guy called Rachid. If you want to email me on [email protected] maybe I could give you details of my tiling guy who is handling our work so far.
Latest post on 10 August 2014 - 21:48
Kalkoul..wow is that 80-100 just to supervise the ikea kitchen fit out? Sounds excessive to me although i don't have a direct comparison as we are just using these individuals with dh supervising (lucky that he is able to at the moment) Our ikea designer offered contractor contacts if we were interested ...why don't u just go along to ikea, go through their process to see how much the actual kitchen would cost (you're only in for the 500 dh you pay them for measuring up...and then phone one of their contractors to see how much the rest of it might come to. Maybe you've already done the ikea bit..so ignore me in that case edited by nnair on 10/08/2014 Dear nnair, 80-100 was for everything but that is still a lot in my opinion. Sure, we have spent some time at Ikea informally and tried getting some names of contractors out but no luck. Did you deal with a specific designer while at Ikea? We were recommended Mr. Vinod but couldn't see him. Thanks a LOT for all your help.
Latest post on 10 August 2014 - 17:55
Kalkoul..wow is that 80-100 just to supervise the ikea kitchen fit out? Sounds excessive to me although i don't have a direct comparison as we are just using these individuals with dh supervising (lucky that he is able to at the moment) Our ikea designer offered contractor contacts if we were interested ...why don't u just go along to ikea, go through their process to see how much the actual kitchen would cost (you're only in for the 500 dh you pay them for measuring up...and then phone one of their contractors to see how much the rest of it might come to. Maybe you've already done the ikea bit..so ignore me in that case <em>edited by nnair on 10/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 10 August 2014 - 17:47
Thanks so much Gladys..I finally managed to contact Pyramid through an online form on some random website that lists contractors ...surprisingly prompt. They are coming in to measure tomorrow so fingers crossed! Thanks again x
Latest post on 10 August 2014 - 17:02
Hi Kalkoul 99, sorry I don't have a kitchen contractor (gulp)..We just have a tiling guy and a plumbing guy from all the other renovation we have on at the moment. The tiling guy is helping us rip out the old kitchen and do granite counter once ikea has fitted the new kitchen in. Try Jason at big fit out who gets recommended a lot, or Merritt (contact info should be on EW) who a friend was very happy with. I would have liked to use them but they were fully booked until Sept so may be an option for you if you don't have to start right away. Good luck! Thanks nnair! How are you managing then? Are you lucky enough to be able to supervise the renovation yourself? Unfortunately, my husband and I are both working full time so wasn't sure if we could do this. It would be great to know if it is possible from your experience! We did get in touch with Merrit but the price went through the roof upto 80k-100k. The Big Fitout company only seems to be doing it in specific areas, which doesn't include Marina. Will be keen to know your kind feedback :) Regards
Latest post on 08 August 2014 - 07:44
I used them in June last year, I guess they must have closed down. Dubai glass can do the splash backs, I actually called them first but after a month of calling them and them never turning up I went to Pyramid. You might be lucky and they actually turn up for you but I got the impression that they only like to do large contracts but they never said they wouldn't do the work they just never turned up. Here is their website, http://dubai-glass.com Good luck.
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 22:49
Thank you for all your help so far though
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 22:43
Still no luck..even found a sharjah land line no for the company but all out of use apparently. Has it been a while since you used them?
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 14:58
that's strange, try the other owner Ravish Chohan 050 6287288
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 14:26
Hi Kalkoul 99, sorry I don't have a kitchen contractor (gulp)..We just have a tiling guy and a plumbing guy from all the other renovation we have on at the moment. The tiling guy is helping us rip out the old kitchen and do granite counter once ikea has fitted the new kitchen in. Try Jason at big fit out who gets recommended a lot, or Merritt (contact info should be on EW) who a friend was very happy with. I would have liked to use them but they were fully booked until Sept so may be an option for you if you don't have to start right away. Good luck!
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 14:25
Dear Gladys, thank you so much for the reply. none of the numbers I can find for this pyramid glass seem to be in use anymore :( I don't suppose you have any way of tracking them down?
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 11:54
Dear ladies, We are getting a new Ikea kitchen put in and I remember reading on here someone had a glass backsplash put in. I would love one of those ...just haven't seen any in the usual kitchen/tile shops. Where could I get me one of those please? Also any recommendations on where to source the granite top for the kitchen would be appreciated. Many thanks! Dear nnair, We are one step behind you- contacting contractors who would do a good and reasonable job of re-doing our kitchen. Could you please share details of your contractors? Thanks a lot.
Latest post on 06 August 2014 - 18:10
For glass splash back call shaadab ahmad from pyramid glass 0506283038 they will do whatever colour you want and it will be with the proper paint which is designed for back painting glass. For countertop, I used silestone which is an engineered stone, not the cheapest product but it is the most durable and they do it in all different finishes. See www.silestone.com for more info. The contact there is Ali maarrawi 055 6252907 These 2 companies did my kitchen last year and I found them to be very professional and will work with you to make sure that you are happy. Angela
Latest post on 06 August 2014 - 17:46
One last bump...hoping someone can help :/
Latest post on 05 August 2014 - 12:18
Gentle bump please...does anyone know where to find them?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY