Pediatrician Recommendations | ExpatWoman.com

Pediatrician Recommendations

Latest post on 12 August 2014 - 09:38

Hi everyone...

So we finally made it to Doha a few days ago, with our nearly two month old twins and two older children. Does anyone have a pediatrician they wold recommend? Ideally someone close to Y Village area and someone who won't prescribe antibiotics every time the kids sneeze.

Thanks!

Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 17:23
So since my babe is already 3 months we couldn't get the BCG right away. We saw Dr.Atiya Khalid at Al Ahli (Was quite impressed with her and will likely be moving from Dr.Ghassan to her). The policy in Qatar apparently is if the baby is over 2 months they need to undergo the TB skin test first to see if they've been exposed and then they determine when to give the vaccine. The TB skin test is done once every few months (apparently the next one is in early September) so we're currently waiting to get that done then will do the needful. Hope that helps! Thanks for the recommendations. I've also received a few recommendations for a Dr Samer at al Ahli hospital. Has anyone gone to him? Mbds the twins have not received the bcg vaccination yet as they do not give it in the US but I had no idea they couldn't just get it done at a regular drs office nor did I know at what age it's generally given. Let me know how you made out with that!
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 19:08
Have taken both sons to see Dr Samer on different occasions. He is our family's first choice as much for logistics as the fact we are comfortable with his approach and ability. When I first arrived in Doha, Al Waab based friends directed me to Future Medical which we were also happy with. Our sons both had BCG vacs at 6 weeks of age - though we were not based in Doha at the time. Good luck with all the settling in!
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 19:00
I like Dr. Samer at Al Ahli very much. He was particularly excellent when my son was hospitalized for 3 days when he was 9 months old. This was the first time we saw Dr. Samer and then have continued to see him since.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 11:11
Thanks for the recommendations. I've also received a few recommendations for a Dr Samer at al Ahli hospital. Has anyone gone to him? Mbds the twins have not received the bcg vaccination yet as they do not give it in the US but I had no idea they couldn't just get it done at a regular drs office nor did I know at what age it's generally given. Let me know how you made out with that!
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 02:11
WELCOME!! I recently got here too (with my 3 month baby) and someone recomended Dr.Ghassan at Al Hayat Medical (in Al-Waab) to me. He's a syrian gentleman, i've taken my daughter to him a couple of times. Seems to be good. Also wondering if you've arranged/gotten your twins their BCG vaccine? Hi everyone... So we finally made it to Doha a few days ago, with our nearly two month old twins and two older children. Does anyone have a pediatrician they wold recommend? Ideally someone close to Y Village area and someone who won't prescribe antibiotics every time the kids sneeze. Thanks!
Latest post on 12 August 2014 - 15:51
Dr Renu at Tadawi Medical Centre - she is a fantastic British pediatrician.