current rates: live in/Live out maid | ExpatWoman.com

current rates: live in/Live out maid

Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 12:15

Hi . Ive seen posts with a varied range of salary for maids (live in /Live out) upto 4500-6k.
i would like to know what is the average rate currently for live in (where acco/food/toiletries is provided separately) and what is the rate for live out (do you need to provide transport costs separately)

Risks of live out on your visa?

Lastly is it illegal to hire someone who is living out/experienced but on their own visa?
<em>edited by expatoman on 13/08/2014</em>

Latest post on 20 August 2014 - 22:25
Instead of thumbing down posters who are willing to pay a decent salary of 3000aed, why don't you just reply to the OP and mention what you pay or would be willing to pay? I agree that 4000-6500 is excessive, but 2750 or 3000 certainly isn't in my book. The maids pay anything between 700 and 1000 for a bed in Satwa and their transport, clothing, toiletries and most of their meals are also paid from their live-out salaries. And as for 2 days off, for many employers with a live-out maid privacy is the main reason. I don't want her hanging around in the weekend, and she also gets every day DH gets. Thanks Oopsiedaisy... not quite sure what was so controversial about the package I described ;-). LOL!
Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 09:56
Our maid has been with us for 2.5 years now. She looks after my son when I am at work, does the bit of cooking and cleaning. We live in a 2 bed. She lives with us and we love her and she enjoys working with us as well. She is good and looks after my son very very well. I feel lucky to have found her. We pay her what the contracts suggests to a pay for an Indian nationality maid. We pay Aed1200 plus accommodation, an extra 200 for phone cards&gt; She agreed to stay for that money and when we renew we ask her if she is happy for us to renew. She says yes. She has not asked for a raise. And if we could afford to pay her more we would. We have brought her son here and helped him find a job. and we occasionally send her extra money to upto aed2000 when she has some excessive needs back home.
Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 01:17
We've just increased our maid's salary to 2500 all inclusive for live in. She has 20+ years experience and has required barely any managing since we took her on. Presently I am in the UK with my mother who is unwell and I have just had a baby. Our maid is running the house, looking after the dogs, paying the gardener, managing the maintenance people. When anything happens she texts or emails DH to let him know. We've had friends 'drop in' and every time they have told us she is busy cleaning windows or brushing the dogs so she manages to find things to ensure her time is filled. DH is mostly travelling on business and when he returns it is normally late at night and he leaves his luggage downstairs. By the time he comes down the next morning it is all washed and in the process of being ironed. We couldn't ask for more therefore think she deserves every penny she gets. This said 5-6k would be outwith our reach for sure.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 07:47
I only pay my maid agency 30 aed an hour..... i could have the girl i have full time and it would only by 4800...... can you please share the agency details and the recommended cleaners? Sorry but no; i like the agency and i like the girl i have and am not going to ruin it by posting on here.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 07:44
Instead of thumbing down posters who are willing to pay a decent salary of 3000aed, why don't you just reply to the OP and mention what you pay or would be willing to pay? I agree that 4000-6500 is excessive, but 2750 or 3000 certainly isn't in my book. The maids pay anything between 700 and 1000 for a bed in Satwa and their transport, clothing, toiletries and most of their meals are also paid from their live-out salaries. And as for 2 days off, for many employers with a live-out maid privacy is the main reason. I don't want her hanging around in the weekend, and she also gets every day DH gets.
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 10:03
Hi I am planning to hire a live out helper soonish and pay her aed3k + bens (sponsorship, flights, health insurance etc). Sorry I forgot to mention she would also get 1.5-2 days off and money for xmas, bdays etc.
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 09:37
Our live-out maid gets paid 2750aed per month (+Noor Takaful health insurance, 2 days off each week, annual ticket + 1 month holiday) and is perfectly happy with it. On her birthday, Eid and Christmas I give her some extra, usually adding up to 1 month extra salary each year. She's been with us almost 3 years now, on our sponsorship and I'm not worried about her working anywhere else. She knows the risks involved and is not prepared to risk her job with us.
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 21:38
OMG ...5 to 6 k per month ! A live in housekeeper in London would be paid around 360 pound per week and that's before tax , if that's the salary people here are demanding il'll be bringing a fully qualified housekeeper from Europe
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 21:14
Hi I am planning to hire a live out helper soonish and pay her aed3k + bens (sponsorship, flights, health insurance etc).
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 21:04
Following... please, ladies share your experiences of live out maid's salaries and agency's, contacts of good cleaners..
Latest post on 14 August 2014 - 00:34
i was absolutely shocked too when this is what the maids/nanny's were asking or rather say that this is what they are earning currently. I understand 1500-2000 is the range for a live in (excl other stuff like food and toiletries) how much is it for live out?
Latest post on 14 August 2014 - 00:32
I only pay my maid agency 30 aed an hour..... i could have the girl i have full time and it would only by 4800...... can you please share the agency details and the recommended cleaners?
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 16:17
4,500-6,000 for a maid???? Really? Don't shoot me, I think this is excessive!!! me too I remember being in Abu Dhabi many years ago, when a western expat could have asked for whatever they wanted as a western expat would have been paid what they asked. And now, western expats ask the bare minimum in wages just to have a job to cover the bills. These ladies should learn from this what can happen if you make yourself too expensive. Really we must have been in auh at the same time, as I remember that there and here as well!
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 15:05
I only pay my maid agency 30 aed an hour..... i could have the girl i have full time and it would only by 4800...... Izzy which service do you use? I'm looking for a good reliable agency to come in while I am away a few times a week
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 14:41
It depends on their nationality and experience. Most of my friends have Filipino first timers so they pay them the min wage 1500 (live in and excluding Food and toiletries). I've heard of 2000 and 3000 but they must provide references and have experience.
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 14:33
I only pay my maid agency 30 aed an hour..... i could have the girl i have full time and it would only by 4800......
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 14:30
4,500-6,000 for a maid???? Really? Don't shoot me, I think this is excessive!!! me too I remember being in Abu Dhabi many years ago, when a western expat could have asked for whatever they wanted as a western expat would have been paid what they asked. And now, western expats ask the bare minimum in wages just to have a job to cover the bills. These ladies should learn from this what can happen if you make yourself too expensive.
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 14:27
4,500-6,000 for a maid???? Really? Don't shoot me, I think this is excessive!!! me too
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 14:19
4,500-6,000 for a maid???? Really? Don't shoot me, I think this is excessive!!! I would pay this for a qualified ex-nurse or midwife, or a live out with a license. I would not pay this for a maid who will be keeping the house tidy and clothes ready to wear. I'd rather pay laundries who specialize in clothes, and have someone in twice a week to do a thorough clean. Once you add in other costs, that will certainly add up. If you've eve seen classified, I know MBA holders who've been offered 6000AED for work they will earn a com pay money for.
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 13:20
4,500-6,000 for a maid???? Really? Don't shoot me, I think this is excessive!!!
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 12:24
Salaries depends on nationality, and hiring a maid with own visa is illegal, you can be fined up to 50,000Dhs.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY