Recommended shops/brands for school shoes | ExpatWoman.com

Recommended shops/brands for school shoes

Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 18:10

Where do you go to get school shoes for your children?

I am more interested in quality than price. My son is 4 years old with a large, broad foot (and not yet confident with laces).

Appreciate recommendations as the supplier suggested by the school has been closed since late June and only opens back up the first day of school!

Thanks

Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 09:35
Buckle Up is a Canadian shoe store in Dubai Mall (near the waterfall, next to Pappa Roti top floor) their shoes are really comfortable, they have some school shoes in stock right now and have a Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer going on, might be worth a look. Otherwise, I send Ecco and Clarks.
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 22:53
Last year I bought Ecco shoes for my DD, expensive but lasted the whole year and still looked good. I have bought Ecco again this year. I bought them in the Outlet Mall, AED 299 and when I walked past the shop in Festival Centre the same ones were AED 409. We usually buy Clark's or Ecco. Agree with Ladybirdsarethebest, Ecco shoes are expensive but lasted the whole year.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 19:51
Clark's are strong long lasting school shoes.
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 15:06
Shoe Mart and Clarks are good options to try
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 14:30
My kid is the same age and got Skechers. Tried the ones at m&s they were way too stiff, uncomfortable, hard to break in even after a couple months.
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 09:12
Last year I bought Ecco shoes for my DD, expensive but lasted the whole year and still looked good. I have bought Ecco again this year. I bought them in the Outlet Mall, AED 299 and when I walked past the shop in Festival Centre the same ones were AED 409.
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 21:34
Can anyone give any shop names which sell children's shoes? Just bought school uniform (ouch!), next it's the school shoes! Pablosky and Clarkes are both shop names, not just a brand. Ecco is also good. Department stores like M&S and Debenhams sell children's shoes. There are a few shops like Shoe Citi and Payless that sell a wide range of different brands.
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 21:22
Can anyone give any shop names which sell children's shoes? Just bought school uniform (ouch!), next it's the school shoes!
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 20:30
Pablosky. We always have a look round but my children consistently find Pablosky shoes the most comfortable. They last well too, this holiday I packed away a pair ready for round three in a couple of years, still in great condition. I don't like their trainers though if you are also looking for PE shoes. We normally get Adidas trainers.
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 20:23
Skechers has really nice black shoes that are super comfortable and looks like school shoes.
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 19:27
Would recommend Clarks shoes - they have half sizes, and fittings for narrow and wide feet. They also measure the child's feet and their shoes are leather without laces for that age group.
Latest post on 16 August 2014 - 18:42
I think Pablosky sell well made quality shoes :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY