1st Birhday Cake for my Daughter - where to order??? | ExpatWoman.com

1st Birhday Cake for my Daughter - where to order???

Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 17:34

Ladies.... i wanna ideally order a custom cake of Sofia the First princess as my daughter is our 1st child and her name is sofia and its her first bday :) ... need i more reasons to not order this cake? :P

anyway i chked at houseofcakes duabi and they are asking for a fortune for this cake .. i dont want it to cost me an arm n a leg :/ so plz suggest other places where u ladies got such cakes fr ur lil princesses n princes :) as am new to this bday business :p

Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 09:52
Morning! I would go with Jackabelles - we used these guys to do a little einsteins birthday cake and they made each character from fondant perfectly...no toys added ;) they have a facebook page with their cake pictures on (just search for them) and I know they get busy so would be worth booking earlier. x
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 19:09
Hey njj, we got a personalised cake from forty carrots in Bloomingdales , Dubai mall. However that was a couple of years ago, so I am not sure if they still provide this service, but it is certainly worth asking. Every Child is different, and I know my daughter was very aware and excited when she saw her 1st birthday cake, so do not feel compelled to compromise. Hope you find someone to make your little princess a Sophia cake.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 11:09
I'd probably go with Park'n'Shop; no point spending a fortune on a 1st birthday cake they will neither remember, nor appreciate it. I'm speaking from experience after a big production of an enormous and elaborate 1st birthday cake for our daughter (not arranged by me, mind you), it could have been anything, at that age it makes no difference to the child.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 11:07
Try Mister Baker - they are a chain but make great cakes at good prices
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 10:56
I use a lovely lady called Kate, google Kate Makes Cakes, tell her your budget and she'll create and customise you something, her cakes always look amazing
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 10:33
Sugaholic! Just bought some cake pops from there and the chocolate flavour was amazing! There reasonable and can adapt to any design really. go visit there shop it is solo adorable!! x
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 23:21
Check out cravingz cakes dubai on facebook, she made my daughters first cake and my husbands birthday cake and recommend her. Her designs are beautiful. Half the price of house of cakes.
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 17:51
Just a thought, but as an alternative you could download a picture off the net and get someone to make a photo cake. Park and Shop used to offer this service and maybe someone will know if they still do, or somewhere else you could have it done.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY