Hair salon question - Do you have to pay for blow dry on top off cut or colour? | ExpatWoman.com

Hair salon question - Do you have to pay for blow dry on top off cut or colour?

Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 20:04

Hi,

I'm quite new to Dubai so not sure how it works with hairdressers

I want to get my hair coloured, but I heard that you have to pay for the colour (or cut) AND the blow dry if you want this too. In the UK if you get a hair cut or coloured the blow dry and styling is always included in the price

I'm looking at going to Salon ink (if I can get an appointment) I've dyed my own hair for years and never get the colour right plus it's not good using home products, I don't mind spending a fair bit if it's a good job, I've had bad colouring in the past and it's harder to correct than a bad cut!

I would probably go with one of the senior stylists and have heard good things on Ali and Kelly - anyone specifically recommend anyone else there (for colour). Incase it makes a difference I am brunette, not looking for anything drastic, but something which suits my skintone and looks classy.

Although, I saw for long hair it's 450 which I am happy to pay and is on par with London prices at good salons, but if I then have to pay am extra 175 for a blow dry I would reconsider.

Thanks for any advice!

Rachel

Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 14:02
The first time I went to my current stylist she offered not to charge for a blow dry because of the length (very short, not necessary) and continues not to charge for it - very refreshing gesture. At my previous salon, I was charged 140.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 23:04
I have 2 hairdressers that I go to. One of them is NStyle in MOE and I have been flabbergasted about this fact also that you have to pay 250 for the cut but then an additional price for the style after (ie: 150). I then got wise and told the hairdresser I didn't want to have the blow dry after but could she dry my hair. She said yes she would but it would be a simple dry (ie: no rolling or curling iron). So she dried my hair with a round brush and it turned out to be just as great as the full price I had paid before without doing this! So that is one way around it. Stylists don't usually want to let you go without seeing you satisfied with your haircut :) But my Lebanese hairdresser charges 200 inclusive of the cut and full style.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 12:13
Was just about to ask how you knew! I only found out last week she had left SI
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 12:08
Some places charge 250. :-( Ali is at Slam in Al Quoz. I don't use her as my friend does mine on the cheap now ;-) but I still love Ali and Kelly edited by sarahlou123 on 18/08/2014 Ahhh I wondered where Ali had gone! Thanks for that :) I spoke to her on FB this morning, that was the only reason I knew x
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 12:07
Some places charge 250. :-( Ali is at Slam in Al Quoz. I don't use her as my friend does mine on the cheap now ;-) but I still love Ali and Kelly edited by sarahlou123 on 18/08/2014 Ahhh I wondered where Ali had gone! Thanks for that :)
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 12:01
Hi, I'm quite new to Dubai so not sure how it works with hairdressers I want to get my hair coloured, but I heard that you have to pay for the colour (or cut) AND the blow dry if you want this too. In the UK if you get a hair cut or coloured the blow dry and styling is always included in the price I'm looking at going to Salon ink (if I can get an appointment) I've dyed my own hair for years and never get the colour right plus it's not good using home products, I don't mind spending a fair bit if it's a good job, I've had bad colouring in the past and it's harder to correct than a bad cut! I would probably go with one of the senior stylists and have heard good things on Ali and Kelly - anyone specifically recommend anyone else there (for colour). Incase it makes a difference I am brunette, not looking for anything drastic, but something which suits my skintone and looks classy. Although, I saw for long hair it's 450 which I am happy to pay and is on par with London prices at good salons, but if I then have to pay am extra 175 for a blow dry I would reconsider. Thanks for any advice! Rachel Some places charge 250. :-( Ali is at Slam in Al Quoz. I don't use her as my friend does mine on the cheap now ;-) but I still love Ali and Kelly <em>edited by sarahlou123 on 18/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 12:00
Salon Ink - yes, charged separately for blow dry, short or long hair - it's itemised on receipt. Yep - that is how I think all hairdressers to do it. PS. Ali is no longer at Salon Ink - but there is also Dalma and Yvonne who are both excellent! Ali is at Slam now
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 11:44
Salon Ink - yes, charged separately for blow dry, short or long hair - it's itemised on receipt. Yep - that is how I think all hairdressers to do it. PS. Ali is no longer at Salon Ink - but there is also Dalma and Yvonne who are both excellent!
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 22:50
Salon Ink - yes, charged separately for blow dry, short or long hair - it's itemised on receipt.
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 20:14
hi i think they all charge for a blow dry on top.......i get mine done a root colour, I'm brunette, i think its approx 250aed then 150 for blow dry on top, shoulder length hair. I've bought the body book, which has 2 for1 offers in and some good salons are in there now, so that saves me a bit x hope it goes well xx
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 20:13
I think there is a distinction between drying your hair and blow drying/styling your hair. Hairdressers usually charge for for blow drying/styling but not for drying your hair.
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 20:13
i see kelly at SI and it's usually about AED1000 - cut, root colour and ombre ends - with blow dry.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY