running a website in Dubai...Help rom someone that actually has one. | ExpatWoman.com

running a website in Dubai...Help rom someone that actually has one.

Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 21:03

Please is there anyone out there that can give a more definite guide to this? I know there are companies like virtuzone et al, but before we go waste money especially for a start-up, what do we need to know? what I understand, if no e-commerce is involved, then no license is required.
But if you plan to sell an item or two, then you need a license..the question is..which one?

What about the website with just passive income through ad sales once in a while..nothing big..What does one do?

Please help anyone ..i'm sure there are lots of ladies running websites here...admin, can you help?

Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:21
Thanks all..and admin..it will be making money mainly from adverts so will start and if it does start getting more serious, will use the recommended people. certainly do not want to pay a fine that would take me more to recoup! Have a good weekend.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 11:33
Hi When my husband had questions about setting up an ecommerce site he went to Creative Zone and they answered all his questions, the consultation is free so best to check with the experts :) [url=http://www.creativezone.ae/'>http://www.creativezone.ae/[/url'> Boulevard Plaza Tower 1, Suite 1901, Level 19 - Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd - Downtown Dubai 04 455 8455
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 10:35
Hi Jay14, It all depends if you are going to be running it as a business or not... Will you be trading? Will you be meeting clients? Will you need a bank account? Are you offering a physical service? Will you be officially "working" at the website? Will you be paying anyone for doing work for the website? Will you be actively promoting/ advertising the website? Will anyone be wanting to pay you for advertising? Are you selling products? If so you are going to need a licence- depending on what kind of website service you are providing a Virtuzone licence may work- you would need to check their categories though as most are consultancy themed and see which you would fall under. If not, you would have to get a licence from Tecom for one of their freezones, which would also involve an office/ desk rental fee. If it's more like a blog, with some small revenue from google display ads, hosted outside of the UAE and you will not be selling anything you should not need a licence. You could always go and talk to the business advisors at places like Virtuzone and Tecom and see if they can advise you. HTH a bit- and it's always best to do things above board here as the penalties are steep if you get caught/ reported. EW Admin

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY