recommendation needed | comparison of schools in germany and dubai (quality of education) | ExpatWoman.com

recommendation needed | comparison of schools in germany and dubai (quality of education)

Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 13:35
I don't know if you have made any decisions about your move to Dubai. In my opinion the german school system is quite different to the IB/British/American systems. If you choose a good school here in Dubai I don't think you will find a big quality difference to a good school in Germany but you will find a difference in the approach to learning. I would suggest making yourself familiar with the different systems and see which one suits your and your family best. As other posters have already posted there is a German International School here in Dubai. I have my kids at this school. I would say the main weakness of the school is the lack of English education in the Kindergarten and Grade School. Many German families choose not to send their kids to this school because they would like them to have the opportunity to become confident english speakers while they are here in Dubai. The school is set up like a school in Germany and is intended that kids can easily go back to Germany and pick up at any school. Good luck with your decision.
Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 08:09
http://www.germanschool.ae/
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 15:15
There is a German school in Dubai in Al Qoz. British/US and German system are quite different so it depends what year your children will be going to. That said, A British/German friend of mine has kept her two teenagers at the German school here in Dubai (she is happy with it) and her youngest decided to go to an IB school instead and had no issues with the different curriculum. Being bilingual helped though.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 13:19
Yes finish school in Germany before moving here or leave the kids in school in Germany. Do you know anything about schools in Germany to make the above comment?
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 13:10
Yes finish school in Germany before moving here or leave the kids in school in Germany.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 13:06
Dear ladies, We are searching for a school at Dubai. Currently two of our kids (11Y) are visiting a German school in Germany and we appreciate the quality of education. I have heard that Dubai’s private schools are mostly not comparable with German education quality, so that`s why I`m in doubt, if it will be a good decision to change school. Does anybody have experience with schools at Germany AND the American/British/German schools at Dubai and can personally compare by experience? Do we have to await any kind of "quality gap" in case we change school? May it seem to be a better option for our kids primal finishing school in Germany and after that relocate to Dubai? What would you suggest? Thanks in advance! best regards

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY