Beauty salon open on a Friday and does HOT WAX | ExpatWoman.com

Beauty salon open on a Friday and does HOT WAX

Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 13:57
Thanks so much for all the replies! Have booked with Girl Talk as they're the ones who called me back first :) Hot Wax is amazing for bikini area waxes. I've had it done for years and it really is less painful, but to be honest, that's also testament to how great my therapist is. When I used to have it done in England, yes it was less painful than warm wax (yes, the 'strip' kind of wax is really called warm wax), but it still blimmin' hurt because her technique was a bit off :-/ Sine I moved to Dubai and get it done here, I cannot believe the difference in technique and therefore pain reduction. Would love to try this and would be interested after your Friday appointment who you think is "better" Girl Talk or Pastels - thanks.
Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 13:55
Girls Talk in Jumeirah Plaza one of the best for waxing and uses the wax you talk about. This sounds good - do you recommend anyone in particular? Thanks.
Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 11:10
Agree with you girls - wax type and technique are more important then appearance of the salon :) Good to also know that other places use this type of wax - means there is more options if you can't get into your regular place.
Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 11:05
Oh I'm not too fussed about look of salon. I went to a back-alley type hair salon in Al Barsha the other day for a Keratin Hair Treatment (just aed 99!) and they did an excellent job. When I walked into the salon I pretty much kissed my hair goodbye because the salon was a bit grim looking but I honestly can't believe the work they did and that my hair, my horrible thick, dry, wirey hair, is as soft and sleek as this. But back to waxing! Yes, looking forward to it. Thanks again for all the suggestions :)
Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 10:13
Thanks so much for all the replies! Have booked with Girl Talk as they're the ones who called me back first :) Hot Wax is amazing for bikini area waxes. I've had it done for years and it really is less painful, but to be honest, that's also testament to how great my therapist is. When I used to have it done in England, yes it was less painful than warm wax (yes, the 'strip' kind of wax is really called warm wax), but it still blimmin' hurt because her technique was a bit off :-/ Sine I moved to Dubai and get it done here, I cannot believe the difference in technique and therefore pain reduction.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 20:44
The Nail Spa use that type of wax and are open on Fridays
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 20:43
Diva Beauty Salon in Tecom does it too
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 18:20
Hi mrssak, It is meant to be less painful as it doesn't pull at the skin, only the hair. Great for sensitive areas like underarms etc. It also means hair can be shorted then when you use normal hot wax. I'm not a beautician so have very limited knowledge, but for me personally it's my preferred type of wax :)It's worth googling it as it is a bit hard to explain what it looks like when it goes on and when it's removed. Thank u meggsy :) I usually do my nails at sisters at moe so I'll def check it out next time.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 17:49
Hi mrssak, It is meant to be less painful as it doesn't pull at the skin, only the hair. Great for sensitive areas like underarms etc. It also means hair can be shorted then when you use normal hot wax. I'm not a beautician so have very limited knowledge, but for me personally it's my preferred type of wax :)It's worth googling it as it is a bit hard to explain what it looks like when it goes on and when it's removed.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 17:37
Oh tks for sharin wht exactly is hot wax I never knew Tht Is it less painful than others?
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 16:52
Sisters Beauty Lounge (google them, they are located in some of the big malls) - they use Lycon wax. Highly recommend them :) PS I understand your comment about 'hot wax'
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 16:25
Desperately need a wax this weekend, specifically on Friday, but my wonderful salon (Pastels!) is closed on Fridays :( Can anyone recommend another great salon that is open on a Friday and does hot wax, please? FYI hot wax is the wax that doesn't require fabric or paper strips. The wax is spread on the skin, dried in a matter of seconds and then the wax "splodge" itself pulled off. Sorry to patronise you ladies, but the amount of women who say back to me "But, all wax is hot???"

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY