Goodbye from Kiwispiers!!! | ExpatWoman.com

Goodbye from Kiwispiers!!!

Latest post on 20 August 2014 - 16:10

Well ladies, I am only a few posts off 3000, and I vowed to retire when I hit that magic number so it is time to say goodbye. (wish I could have hit 5 stars though lol) I can't imagine there is anything more I could possibly say that I haven't said before so time to move on I think :). I'm posting here in the preggy/baby board because I have made many good cyber friends on here over the years (Yes FIVE years) that I have been an EW member. A lot of you have already joined me over on some facebook groups like breastfeeding Q&A Dubai UAE and UAE Natural Family Living Networks so it will be nice to keep in touch (Nice to see you there Sydneygal! Have you joined yet Daza??).

Anyway, congratulations to all the new mummies, wishing you all the very best and thank you EW for helping ease my fears when I was anxiously preparing for my move to the Middle East and helping me find a lovely network of both online and real life (lol) friends once I arrived.

Keep taking care of each other and thanks again xxxx
Emma
<em>edited by kiwispiers on 20/08/2014</em>

Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 23:44
Thanks ladies, hmm, blog you say? funny you should mention that..... ;) As an aside, and not wanting to leave on a negative, but I find it both flattering and amusing and yet at the same time a little sad that somebody has taken the time out of their day to individually thumb down each of your messages to me. I guess not everyone has enjoyed my posts over the years? Seriously though, if you don't like someone, or their comments have offended you somehow, please don't let it eat you up! We are all grown ups with thoughts and opinions which you can take or leave, and life is far too short to waste your precious "me time" repetitively and pointlessly thumbing down random posts from stranger on a forum (or messages intended for said stranger) who you will never meet. Go and hug your kids, or pat a kitten, pour ice over your head and give some money to charity, whatever makes you feel worthwhile! When you devote time to pure nastiness, you ultimately just hurt yourself. Roald Dahl said it so well... [i'>“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it. A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”[/i'> That's right, sunbeams ladies, SUNBEAMS!!! Who doesn't want that! XOXO <em>edited by kiwispiers on 01/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 26 August 2014 - 13:42
Well ladies, I am only a few posts off 3000, and I vowed to retire when I hit that magic number so it is time to say goodbye. (wish I could have hit 5 stars though lol) I can't imagine there is anything more I could possibly say that I haven't said before so time to move on I think :). I'm posting here in the preggy/baby board because I have made many good cyber friends on here over the years (Yes FIVE years) that I have been an EW member. A lot of you have already joined me over on some facebook groups like breastfeeding Q&A Dubai UAE and UAE Natural Family Living Networks so it will be nice to keep in touch (Nice to see you there Sydneygal! Have you joined yet Daza??). Anyway, congratulations to all the new mummies, wishing you all the very best and thank you EW for helping ease my fears when I was anxiously preparing for my move to the Middle East and helping me find a lovely network of both online and real life (lol) friends once I arrived. Keep taking care of each other and thanks again xxxx Emma edited by kiwispiers on 20/08/2014 oh no, love your posts. thanks for all of the advice. all the best and lots of love xox
Latest post on 25 August 2014 - 13:22
Kiwi I agree, start a blog! I would definitely read it! Thanks for all your cyber support here when M was a bub, it really helped a lot....you will be missed for sure. See you over on FB and give us a shout if you are ever in DXB....would love to catch up! Xo
Latest post on 25 August 2014 - 09:40
Hi Kiwi, I was just wondering the other day about you, your posts were so useful and well thought out! You will be really missed :( I'm sure I'm not alone here in requesting that you PLEASE START A BLOG! Your tips on breastfeeding and feeding kids healthy food have always been so inspirational to me. You can start one on wordpress.com for free, please please please think about it! Best of luck in the future and thank you for all your helpful posts!
Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 20:00
Kiwi, noooooo! I'll miss your posts but this is not goodbye, I've just join bfing q&a to cyber stalk you *cue creepy music*. Your posts have added so much to this board and you have always been willing to take time out of your day to give really solid sound advice and reassuring words. You're a top chick :) :) :)
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 15:22
Is it really necessary to leave EW?
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 08:39
Dear Kiwispiers, I'm sad to hear you won't be posting any more well balanced and useful information and well thought out opinions not just in the baby board but in general too. Hopefully your old posts will keep coming up in searches so that new members/mommies can benefit from the info. I have hugely enjoyed reading your posts and when I was a first time (panicking) mommy there were many times when your wise words calmed me down. Thank you so much for this and best of luck in whatever the future may bring!
Latest post on 20 August 2014 - 16:22
Kiwi, whenever you post a big post with info I always think about how I wish you'd been on EW when I had a LO as your advice would have been invaluable when there was not much else to turn to in those days - you are a mine of information and you will be very much missed on the preg/baby board. Sorry you are leaving but good luck on your next adventure - TB x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY