Dates - storage | ExpatWoman.com

Dates - storage

Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 13:04
The only ones I ever keep in the fridge are the ones I occasionally treat myself to from Bateel I have a box of them out as well - have been open since Ramadan and are still fine. I just love them straight from the fridge though :)
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 12:57
The only ones I ever keep in the fridge are the ones I occasionally treat myself to from Bateel I have a box of them out as well - have been open since Ramadan and are still fine.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 12:48
The only ones I ever keep in the fridge are the ones I occasionally treat myself to from Bateel
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 12:47
Keep them in plastic container either in or out of the fridge. I have dates in a plastic container on my kitchen table and in bowls with lids in the lounge - both seem to last ok. I dont tend to keep them in the fridge.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 12:43
Ha ha! I'm in the Marina, just by the tram and I guarantee you that dealing with the traffic restrictions at the moment is not worth the dates!! What is 'second stage'? Does it mean dried? They are dried. Thanks for the responses. FFx No, dried is third stage, in which case the best way to store them is in the fridge. They'll keep up to 6 months. Second stage dates are also called rhubab (I think). You buy them from the freezer (Bateel has them) and store them there as well. Or they may be given to you by a local with his own date palms. It's the stage before drying (and/or stuffing).
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 12:41
are they fresh dates or dates like teh ones you buy in bateel?
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 12:35
Ha ha! I'm in the Marina, just by the tram and I guarantee you that dealing with the traffic restrictions at the moment is not worth the dates!! What is 'second stage'? Does it mean dried? They are dried. Thanks for the responses. FFx
Latest post on 20 August 2014 - 18:14
If you put them in the fridge they'll last longer. Or if they're "second stage" you can even put them in the freezer.
Latest post on 20 August 2014 - 17:51
Sorry no advice, just a question. Where do you live and I'll call in on my way home ;)
Latest post on 20 August 2014 - 17:47
Hello, I've just been given a gift of a massive box of dates, which I am thrilled about. They are in a cardboard box. I can't even imagine how I'm going to get through them, even by sharing them around. How is best to store them? Are they ok in the cardboard box? Should I put them into glass jars? Any advice would be fab. FFx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY