Nursery advice please | ExpatWoman.com

Nursery advice please

Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 11:03
Have you tried Blossom Village? I am not sure of your budget but it meets the other points on your list. They have a very structured weekly activity schedule so the kids are stimulated all morning and the last few hours are for free play in either the gym, outdoors or one of the various classrooms, a 2 week rotation on the lunches served so you know your child is getting a varied, healthy meal a day and are open from 7:30am - 6pm. We opt to do 8-5 to cut costs slightly Hope this helps
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 10:32
Thank you Polly, I will pick up a copy! It just makes me laugh that nursery fees are actually higher than some school fees, and the quality is just pants a lot of the time. As for affording to have children here - not at the current rate! I think it becomes impossible to be a working mum if you have any more than 2 children who are not yet of school age. The article inside, written by a man - says basically that - which is very worrying. <em>edited by pollydxb1 on 21/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 10:28
Thank you Polly, I will pick up a copy! It just makes me laugh that nursery fees are actually higher than some school fees, and the quality is just pants a lot of the time. As for affording to have children here - not at the current rate! I think it becomes impossible to be a working mum if you have any more than 2 children who are not yet of school age.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 10:26
Hi ladies I am searching for a nursery for my daughter who is almost 2. I am a working mum and my criteria are: * Full day (8am - 6pm) 5 days a week * New Dubai (none of the Jumeirah nurseries) * EYFS and ideally British teachers * Outdoor play area * Not eye wateringly expensive I have searched high and low and many are just prohibitively expensive, charge if you are 5 mins late, close at 3pm etc. Am I asking too much? She is currently in what I would loosely call a nursery but it's more like a daycare for working parents - no real curriculum, telly on all day, lots of nice toys etc but no real structure. this was fine when she was a baby, but she is now an inquisitive toddler who needs more stimulation and definitely needs outdoor play. I am at my wits end! Help! Thanks Can I suggest that you buy the latest copy of GOOD magazine, as it has a FULL rundown of all nursery's and charges, times etc - and locations which may be able to help. It has a baby with a UAE flag on the front, can you afford to have a baby in the UAE is the headline.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 10:13
Hi ladies I am searching for a nursery for my daughter who is almost 2. I am a working mum and my criteria are: * Full day (8am - 6pm) 5 days a week * New Dubai (none of the Jumeirah nurseries) * EYFS and ideally British teachers * Outdoor play area * Not eye wateringly expensive I have searched high and low and many are just prohibitively expensive, charge if you are 5 mins late, close at 3pm etc. Am I asking too much? She is currently in what I would loosely call a nursery but it's more like a daycare for working parents - no real curriculum, telly on all day, lots of nice toys etc but no real structure. this was fine when she was a baby, but she is now an inquisitive toddler who needs more stimulation and definitely needs outdoor play. I am at my wits end! Help! Thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY